I went to the doctor Tuesday I am 2cm dilated and 80% effaced should labor be coming soon?

I think i lost my mucus plug yesterday but not sure what it is suppose to look like

manorgirl1

Asked by manorgirl1 at 11:17 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't go on any long trips! I sounds like you are definitely on our way! Keep in mind some women walk around dilated at 4 cm for a month and don't even know. Be patient, but it looks good! Congrats!

PS Bring your own pillow to the hospital with you. You'll be glad you did.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:19 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i was the same but went to 4 and i was walking around for 1 month i was pergo for 10 and they had to indose me lololol
    LisaAnnPonce

Answer by LisaAnnPonce at 11:24 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i was the same way.. i was induced at 4-5 cm
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• There's a good chance you will go soon, especially if you've lost your plug. I think I stayed around 2-3 for the entire last month of my first two pregnancies though so there's no telling. Walk your butt off and put your hubby to good use! Good luck to you.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:27 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I was the same for 3 weeks all the sex and walking never helped, I ended up being a week overdue and had to be induced.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 12:12 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I always dialated & lost my plug a few weeks before I went into labor. It could be hours, it could be weeks. No way to tell.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2008