do you know any ways to reduce muffin top?

i have been following a reduced calorie diet (on the advice of my dr.) plus working out 4-5 times per week. i have already lost nearly 40lbs but my problem is becoming obvious. i have quite a spare tire around my midsection. i hate that. my jeans fit great but i still have that nasty muffin top. are there any specific excercises you can do to reduce the fat around your waist? i'm eventually going to have a tummy tuck because of all the loose skin i will have after my weightloss but i dont think even that will help with the spare tire. help!

pinkbubbles79

Asked by pinkbubbles79 at 6:16 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I do, I do!!!! When you are watching tv or just standing around do this. Stand up with your right arm over your head and the left across the front of your belly. In little motions pull your right arm as far as yuo can over your head and your left as far across. Do this 10 times in 4 reps. then switch sides. do everyday. and if you do them right then you will feel it in the morning!!!
    chelseychae

Answer by chelseychae at 6:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• thank you! i just tried it and could definitely feel it work as i was doing it! :)
    pinkbubbles79

Answer by pinkbubbles79 at 7:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I think if you wear loose fitting pants that might help too...
    Anonymous

• no that's just it, i dont wear tight jeans. lol! it's the same roll of fat with or without clothes. sorry, not the right answer. :(
    pinkbubbles79

Answer by pinkbubbles79 at 8:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2008