Should we ever celebrate death like this? Is your area as bad as ours right now?

Just got me thinking. I don't want my children celebrating this, I don't want them thinking killing EVER is a good thing. Yes, I am overjoyed that he can no longer hurt anyone else and that is fine but at the same time I don't want my children hearing people speaking like they are around me at the moment "glad we killed the bastard" was what I just heard at the store. It was necessary but not something that should be commented on like this.

I have just got into a verbal argument with a woman at the store who was literally laughing as she watched the screen in there. I am happy he can kill no longer but are we not making ourselves as bad as them by celebrating this.

I'm trying to protect my children from this now, my husband is military and even he thinks this is horrible the way people are in our area.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I dont have a problem at ALL with people celebrating his death. They celebrated when they killed all the people in 9-11.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:00 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I am happy that we done away with him, but I understand where you coming for. I am not going to get in the middle of the street and shout it out. You have to realize people show there emotions with different reactions than others.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 10:00 AM on May. 2, 2011

• They celebrated when they killed all the people in 9-11.

---

And didn't you think that was WRONG? I'm betting you did, so why are we right now?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:01 AM on May. 2, 2011

• To each their own. I don't care. I will celebrate. And if I see one more person say it's bad christianity, i will say READ YOUR BIBLE.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 10:01 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I'm gratefull this man is DEAD, not only DEAD, but shot and killed by our own military. Now I'm not going to go celebrate in the streets, I wouldn't do that for anything, I have a life to lead lol. But I understand it fully, and I have NO remorse about the relief and sense of justice I feel right now.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:02 AM on May. 2, 2011

• a facebook friend posted that he heard fire works last night, but i have not noticed anything - but i also live in a very small town and have no plans to go out today. so i really do not know if it is being celebrated or anything around here.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:02 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Nope sure didnt even though i lost a friend, Its what they believe in. They believe they did some great deed by killing all the americans, Just as we believe we did a great service by killing him off.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:03 AM on May. 2, 2011

• i support anyone who wants to celebrate the death and revenge of a man who organized the attacks that were responsible for thousands of deaths and tearing our sense of security from grasp.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:03 AM on May. 2, 2011

• The people that were killed in 9-11 were mostly civilians and innocent. There was nothing innocent about Bin-Laden. He was pure evil and didn't deserve to breathe oxygen
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:03 AM on May. 2, 2011

• It's actually very insulting to say that the people who are celebrating are "just as bad". We're talking about a man who murdered thousands of innocent men, women and children, who spread hatred, terror and pain just because we are different. how can you even begin to think that people who feel happy for his death are "just as bad" as he is? That's just uncalled for. This is a wonderful article written by an Orthodox Jewish woman I deeply admire and respect, which explains not only that we're allowed to celebrate the fall of evil, we MUST celebrate it.

When Evil Falls

Sharon

momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:03 AM on May. 2, 2011