What do you think?

I am overweight....no wait! If I was ten feet tall - I would be skinny!! LOL! I used to be pretty thin (BEFORE I had children!) and now I am overweight and there's not much I can do about it (diabetes and major back injury from car accident). I just try to eat healthy. Here's the thing. I am ok with my weight. I feel sassy and my SO says I am sexy. I am happy if I lose a little (which happens on occasion) but I am also very happy with how I am right now!

Do you think this is ok? Or do you think I am living in denial? LOL - it's ok, I won't bash you - just wanna know what you think....My opinion is that too many women bemoan the fact that they are not Barbie doll thin and base their self worth on that premise.

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Health

• I'm secretly not very happy about my weight...but I secretly also know that I pull off plus-sized pretty damn well. I carry my weight better than most people, especially while I've been pregnant. There's NOTHING wrong with liking your new self! Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to get money out of you (diet ads, diet pills, diet agencies, etc). As long as you're healthy, be happy. I've never known what it was like to be skinny, so being overweight and plus-sized is my reality. I like the fact that I can eat a steak and not feel bad about it. I don't get weird looks if I order an ice cream. It's pretty nice to have boobs and a butt too ;oD
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:26 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I think you are OK. At least I hope so. You sound like me. I have diabetes too. I am overweight and I have a herniated disc in my back. It's a killer. Let's chat sometime.
    Dawn327

Answer by Dawn327 at 11:23 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• watch the producer and listen to ula..."if you got it, flaunt it"
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• The truth is that when I was thin, I thought 2 things: I am all that - and a bag of chips! I used to see women my current size and would literally tell my BFF: "If I EVER get that big - shoot me!" Wow, what a sense of humor God has! Now, I AM this size (and AFTER a bad depression about it) I am happy. Actually I get hit on A LOT more now, than I ever did weighing 1/2 as much as I do now!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:34 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• caitxrawks: I think you are beautiful and sexy as all hell!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Whatever floats your boat!
    Anonymous

• I have never been thin, skinny, svelt, whatever name you want to call it. It took me 25 yrs to figure out that I don't have to be what others define as normal! I'm a hot mama!!!
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2008