For the ladies that did the love dare..

I am stuck on day 2 right now, where I have to do some unexpected act of kindness. I am stuck. I don't have a creative bone in my body! We do not live together. ( we split up almost a year ago and are working on a reconciliation). What did you do for day 2? Just trying to get some ideas flowing. I know it doesn't have to be a huge thing but I am drawing a complete blank.

mhaney03

Asked by mhaney03 at 10:10 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• how about a random "have a nice day" note or email?? Or dropping off lunch at his work? Bake brownies and drop them on his doorstep...

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:22 AM on May. 2, 2011

• DH and I attribute a lot of our success to doing The Love Dare in our first year of marriage. Day 2 took me by surprise too. I felt like I was already a kind person in his eyes, so what could I do that he would find kind? What I ended up doing may/may not even remotely apply to you or your situation, but in the end, I wrote a letter of forgiveness to everyone who had ever hurt him, every woman who ever did him wrong, even his mom & dad who became absent parents and hurt him deeply. For every bad deed ever done to him and every scar ever inflicted on his heart I made a vow, to him and to God, to work every day of my life to show him that his pain was never felt in vain. It was my way of telling him that I've embraced his past sadness & vow to never allow the pain of betrayal & loneliness to touch his heart ever again for as long as I can breathe. We put it in a bottle and threw it in the ocean and I've kept that promise.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Hrm.. He did leave both his pairs of sunglasses here, i might go all the way across town to bring them to him when he gets off work. I would bring them to his job but he works all the way in the city, a good hour and a half away.

@anon. I loved that story, thank you.
    mhaney03

Comment by mhaney03 (original poster) at 11:58 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Think about him, and what he likes. How does he show love? Find something personal. I think the sunglass thing is nice but not loving.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:41 PM on May. 2, 2011