Nervous

I am so stressed I have made myself sick today. I am going to court with a friend of mine tomorrow bc her ex husband stole a bunch of stuff. I may & probably will be called to the stand to speak. When he was moving out of the house that she bought from him he took sevearl of her things & left he place in a disaster.

I wont explain the entire thing bc its long but I am tied in bc I saw the place the day he was moving out & the day after he moved out. This makes me a witness I guess or a good source to what happened bc I can testify that the place was indeed full of her stuff the day of his moving out then completely empty (no joke) the day after he moved out. I have been a close friend of hers for a while & visited that place before the divorce started at least once a week every week. So my friends lawyer thinks I will be helpful in all of this.

I have never been to court like this (only other times were for a couple of traffic things). Her ex didnt hire a lawyer so if he wants to question me he can. I am confident that they took the stuff but gosh now that its been 1 1/2 years since the incident details get foggy. I made out a statement not too long after the incident with details etc. I have been going over the details in my mind to make sure I have it all worded in a way good for court but I am nervous that I will somehow mess up. What if I say something & have to go um um um which I am going to avoid at all costs but sometimes I get caught off guard & do stupid things like that. Maybe her ex will ask me things that wont make sense, that I wont have a good answer for, something like that.

I am just nervous that I will somehow mess up while being questions =( its very nerve racking *sigh*

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 10:15 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• First of all stressing out isnt going to help the situtation, it will only make you more nervous when you get there. your helping your friend, and i'm sure all the answers will come back to you. Just do the best you can, and relax!
    smadar

Answer by smadar at 11:30 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Did she take pictures because I just watched Judge Judy and when a guy had a "witness" she told him that it was just hearsay and that she isn't a reliable source. You may not be called up if there isn't proof.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 10:52 AM on May. 2, 2011