Do you think if i wrote down everything my husband and i need help with in marriage counceling, they would read it?

i'm making a log of everything he says to me like i'm a child "if you talk to another man while we are out, we will walk out right then and there" is one of the many of them, would they take a look at it or am i doing it for no reason and i look like a fool with a piece of paper in my hand?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I think that it a good idea. My dh and I have done counceling a couple of times. When I got in there, I would get nervous and upset, and could not get my thoughts together properly. Good luck!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 10:19 AM on May. 2, 2011

• No, they will totally read it.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:17 AM on May. 2, 2011

• If they really want to help they will...

Good luck!!!! I wish you and your husband the best, and I hope you sincerely, work it out....

:)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:18 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I would write them down, then tuck it in your purse. Then you could maybe explain to the therapist that you don't normally go around writing all of this down in a log book (assuming you don't, that is) - but, because you knew you were coming here today to discuss the problems you are having, you did write them down, so that you could show specific examples of behavior that is upsetting to you, without it appearing to be an exaggeration or having it shoved aside.

Then ask the therapist if they would like to see the list.

ps - I hope that with counseling, things get better for you guys!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:18 AM on May. 2, 2011

• You have a wonderful idea there...and YES they will read it and probly give you other idea's of things to jot down from time to time..good luck to you both and i hope it all works out!
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 1:59 PM on May. 2, 2011