Where were you on September 11th, 2001?

I was 15 and in my homeroom class. I didn't know about it til I got to Band class, the TV was on and it was only up to the attack of the first tower. I remember we did not play that day, we all sat in front of the TV for 90 minutes and watched the news. Thinking about it now gives me chills. My school was next to an Air Force Base, and all day long you could hear the sounds of jet engines firing up.

Where were you?

Regardless of who "deserves" the credit today, regardless of whether or not you knew anybody who was killed in the 9/11 attacks, regardless of what's still to come, bump if you feel justified by the death of Osama Bin Laden.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:23 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• in bed, sleeping, and my new husband was almost two thousand miles away. we were not sure if he would make it home due to the fuel issues but he did (he was an over the road trucker at that time and i was five months pregnant).
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:25 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Tallahassee, Florida.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:25 AM on May. 2, 2011

• On my way to class.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 10:26 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Home, relaying info to my Mom because their internet was so jammed up nobody in the building could find out what was going on. Until all the planes were tracked down they were on standby to evacuate, since it was thought one was headed to Chicago and they were a likely target if it was.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:26 AM on May. 2, 2011

• i was 20 & pregnant. i was at home in Boston visiting my mother. My ex husband called me crying & i thought he was being a big baby because i don't think i had fully understood what had happened. But, when i turned on the TV & a few minutes later watched the second tower get hit.....i just started balling.....it was very surreal...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:27 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I was in World Hist 2nd period. The bell rang we all sat down & our teacher was late which never happens. A few mins later he came running into the room said nothing just turned on the tv. Noting was said until the last few mins of class we all just sat there & watched it all unfold on the news. Through out the class other teachers would file in & file out to watch. Our room was one of two that had a tv w/ cable on it so that is why so many teachers came in. At the end of class he shut it off & asked us if we had questions & explained how our world has just now changed etc.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 10:28 AM on May. 2, 2011

• At work. I was 25 and listened it the news reports all morning.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:28 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I was 29 and at home with my then 1 yr old son. I had just gotten my older kids off to school, my ex was driving them. I moderated a really high traffic board online and checked on it and saw someone posted about the plane going into one of the WTC bldgs. At the time no one knew what kind of plane it was. I turned on the news & saw the 2nd plane hit. My mom called as my ex came through the door and told me to go pick up the kids. My dad was still a Marine & I guess knew what was going on or had an idea. We went to get the kids, came home and watched the coverage the rest of the day.
    My mom lost one of her good friends that day as her plane went into the Twin Towers.

Answer by gemgem at 10:28 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I had worked the graveyard at the hotel I worked at, then I ha to go to class. I headed to the library to cram for a test I had that day, and a bunch of us were standing outside waiting for the library to open when a guy ahead of me was on the phone saying, "What, the World Trade Center is down?? What, the Pentagon's been hit??" I almost knocked him over to get closer to overhear more. When we got into the library, they had all the TVs turned onto the news, which is when we got our first images. It was just devastating. I thought of all the people I had told to have a safe flight home as they checked out of the hotel. We spent the next 3 days changing reservations and getting people rooms that were stranded as there were no flights for 3 days.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:28 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I was at work in the Medical Records department at Weirton Medical Center. I turned on my radio and heard the DJ's talking about the first plane hitting. They are always joking around, so I first thought that was what they were doing until the second plane hit. That's when I went into the doctor's lounge and watched everything on TV.

Many workers left to get their kids from school. I wanted to leave too (this was before kids), but my boss kept saying that this was in NY and had nothing to do with us. I don't think I did a lick of work that day.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:29 AM on May. 2, 2011