My eye is so sore... I caught pink eye...

I don't even know how I caught it. But no one else in my family has it. I am glad about that.
I already read to wash pillow covers and blankets that I used and to use a warm wash cloth to clean it and not to touh your eye. But how long could it take to clear up?

SeasideNative

Asked by SeasideNative at 10:25 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Health

• If you are medicating, I believe it takes a couple of days before you are no longer contagious.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:26 AM on May. 2, 2011

• You need medicine, or it won't clear up.

If there is a home remedie let me know but I am almost positive there is not...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:26 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I have a class this Thursday.
    SeasideNative

Comment by SeasideNative (original poster) at 10:26 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Sometimes it just gets sore....do you have any redness or swelling? Is it watering or goopy? Usually with pink eye it will get goopy and crust over, sometimes to the point your eye is sealed shut
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:15 AM on May. 2, 2011

• No my eye is just really sore and has I crusty stuff in the corners throughout the day.
    SeasideNative

Comment by SeasideNative (original poster) at 11:16 AM on May. 2, 2011

• You need to get antibiotic drops from a doctor. Pink Eye is highly contagious. Once on the meds it takes 24 hours to no longer be contagious but about 10 days for the infection to clear up.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:53 AM on May. 2, 2011