For women who had irregular bleeding during pregnancy...

if you had irregular bleeding around the time of your period and it stopped after a few months. was it like just spotting then the next month nothing? or what? also, did you get a positive right away or did it take a while? im possibley pregnant, my last 3periods where just heavy spotting and wasnt on time very irregular and now all of a sudden im just getting dark dark red spots and discharge. ive had a lot of signs but its my irregular "periods" thats makings me wonder. what did you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had bleeding on and off during two pregnancies. It was sometimes as heavy as a period, but it wasn't regularly timed (ie. it wasn't when I would have expected my period if I had not been pregnant- it was totally random.) It did not affect my beta hcg levels at all... I still had positive tests at 4 weeks and hcg levels that doubled normally. If you're having negative tests I would suspect you are most likely not pregnant, but you could see your doctor for a blood hcg test, which would be pretty definitive in terms of whether or not you have hcg in your system. Good luck!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:28 AM on May. 2, 2011