Where were you on 9/11? It is something that everyone knows exactly what they were doing.

I had gotten up really early to meet my parents and bring their car to my house so they wouldn't have to leave it at the airport. DH went off to work, and I was doing some paperwork with the TV on,, my parents had just left that morning to go to NY for a tour. I remember thinking that it must be an accident, and as the reports came in became terrified that my parents were dead.. after about 8 hours they finally were able to call me, they said when they were in the air they announced they were going to find a new airport,, when they landed in TN,, no news or anything was on in the terminal, my mom cried and cried when they found out..

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 10:28 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I was at work and my husband was home waiting for the inspector to sign off on our remodeled bathroom. I called him to turn the TV on. His brother was the accountant for Windows on the World at the top of the WTC. He called work to tell them he won't be in and headed to his parents house. The 30 mile drive took him over 3 hours because they closed the bridge and tunnels into NYC. The daycare called to say they were going to close, so I had to get my son and decided to pick up my daughter from kindergarten. I put on movies for them while I watched the news in my bedroom.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 11:45 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I was a senior in high school at a charter school that had Pre K through - HS Senior. My brother (3yrs younger) and cousin (5yrs younger) were in the same math class with me, and I was helping them with their work because I was bored. It was cousin's birthday, so when his mom and our mom showed up to pick us up so early in the day, we thought it was a birthday surprise. This seemed to be confirmed when we got to his house and the entire extended family was there. Then we walked into the livingroom and everyone was watching TV. Later in the day, when the plane at the pentagon was reported, brother and I were scared because our aunts worked in DC. They were okay, but it took forever to get them on the phone. Turns out one of them had been right across the river from the pentagon. This thread made me cry this morning, thinking about it. So many lives lost that day, and in the war since then. So many families impacted...
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 11:52 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I was driving to college classes when I heard it on the radio
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:31 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I was literally stepping into the shower getting ready for work when my husband called to tell me that a 2nd plane had crashed into the WTC. The rest of the day was just surreal.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:32 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I was 8 months pregnant and woke up right after the first plane hit..I thought the footage was Philly at first then I realized it was NY...then as I was watchinh the 2nd plane hit and I screamed out loud....I was confused, having just woke up....realizing its all happening LIVE,.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:33 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I was in the 10th grade during my clothing and design class which was in the library that day.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 10:33 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I was sleeping in one of my classes. I was still a Senior in high school. I was pregnant and was a teachers aide so the teacher let me snooze in the extra add on room. Once everyone got wind of what happened he woke me to watch the news with him. But like you said. Its Amazing that everyone knows exactly what they were doing at that time. Like it was just yesterday
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 10:34 AM on May. 2, 2011

• i was in 9th grade math class. i didnt believe it at first it took about an hour and a half before i really paid attention and realized it was true.
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 10:40 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I was at home, just woke up and turned on the TV after the first plane hit. That was the first day of my maternity leave.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:40 AM on May. 2, 2011