Did you ever have this problem?

My son has been eatting cereal from a spoon since he was 4 months because he has bad acid reflux which has helped a lot. I know that the cereal has iron and other nutrients that "solid" foods do so he needs to continue to eat the ceareal. He has been on solids for about 3 weeks now and within the last few days he is starting to refuse the cereal from the spoon. We have only had veggies thus far. The dr said fruits next but some other moms say meats next because the fruits are sweet, the veggies are sorta sweet so he won't eat the meat when it comes to that time.

He gets cereal in the morning and at night before bed at his last bottle at 11 pm. He gets some veggies at 11 30- 1200 and again at dinner time around 7 pm. He is a bigger baby and doesn't seem to be over filling and has been doing great with this for the last 3 weeks up until the last few nights. Any suggestions or helpful hints?!

bigtrucksgirl

Asked by bigtrucksgirl at 11:35 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No meat until he or she is 9 months old...Fruits, veggies and cereal plus his normal milk,bm or formula is all he needs..
    the refusing to eat my son did that too, i just increased the formula but kept offering the spoon, soafter about 2 weeks he wanted it again....
    Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i was told cereal is "baby junk food" so if he doesnt want it no biggie. I was also told no meat until at least 6 months, thats too rough on the belly. if he is refusing cereal give him a bigger bottle at night so he will stay full longer. Or give him more veggies. cereal is not important in anyway the formula is the primary diet. good luck PM me if you need anything else
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 11:46 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Try it and see. My daughter loved veggies more than fuits for meat. Then around 1 year she wanted fruits and meats instead of the veggies. Now she wants meats then fruits, then veggies. And most of the time, she reall doesn't care whcih one it is *if* it comes off of *my* plate! Kids are silly. Their tastes will change. Just be sure to keep introducing foods they didn't like so they can try again. Also, with meats comes really stinky poops! :)

You can also try cereal with fruits mixed in. My dd loved that.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 12:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2008