Local Honey???

I would like to try the local honey approach to as another way to help my family with our seasonal allergies... Where do I find LOCAL honey???

Anyone try this?? How did it work??

Crafty26

Asked by Crafty26 at 10:41 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Health

• You can find local farmers markets and farmers selling things, including honey at: www.localharvest.org

Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:14 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I've heard this too, I would try a whole foods store
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 10:42 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Our farmer's market sells local honey
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:42 AM on May. 2, 2011

• they sell local honey at the drug store up the street from me...

Try farmers markets. Do you have any near where you live? Or try a health food store, they will definitely have local honey. It also works better if it's raw honey....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:42 AM on May. 2, 2011

• If your local whole foods store doesn't carry it they might know of a local bee keeper that you could purchase it from. Also, make sure your "local honey" is really local to you. When we started using it we found out that for best results the bees should be kept within 25 miles of you. They sell "local" honey in our area that is from another state and the bees are actually more like 300 miles away. We real local honey because my husband made contact with a local bee keeper.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:07 AM on May. 2, 2011

• My youngest son had and still has seasonal allergies. So much so that he couldn't even be outside when ANY grass was being cut. We were told about "local honey" when he was about 6 -- we found some at a local farmer's market and then back-tracked that to an actual bee farm in town and bought a case from them every year of his life. Not only did it work - but it worked like a charm. By the time he was 15 his 'seasonal allergies' had changed somewhat and only his most stubborn of allergies remained. He's 21 and still takes local honey.
    For him it was so much better than taking a script.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 11:16 AM on May. 2, 2011

• IDK if I have a Farmers Market nearby. I'm in MA, south of Boston. I was thinking local farm stand might be a place to look.

Crafty26

Comment by Crafty26 (original poster) at 10:53 AM on May. 2, 2011