Last night My little one Crashed into the wall

Within Seconds of picking her up it was swollen already they call this a mouse*
The swelling, AHH well it scared the hell out of me so badddddddddd me and her dad took her to the hospital right away, they considerd her LOW priority and we waited for 4 hours to be seen! she got a cat scan and everything was alright thank the LORD!
I almost fainted, i had to catch myself, ahhhhh
Today her whole forhead is a bruised on the right side , it looks so much better than it did last night, this was her FIRST real BOO BOO, she was twirling around like a ballerina and she hit the corner of the wall, ...she is 2 years old,

I was wondering

How many of you mommys had a panic moment with your DS..OR DD when they hurt theirselves,
and what did you do?

Everyone told me...You shouldn't have taken her in for that, *siblings* yeah right...
i would take her in for a hang nail more than likely,they say im over protective!

LexsiesMommy

Asked by LexsiesMommy at 11:38 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• stuff like that i would take them but little scrashes and bumps i just watch. you can never be to careful. and i am sorry if they say you shouldnt. perfact example. my 7yo the 5yo that i gave for adption and my 1yo all had a problem with there tummy. the 1 yo was that that far in when they caught it. but they only caught it cause i insisted a x-ray to be done. better to know sooner then later is my motto. especally with my kids. cause they are my life and i wouldnt know what to do if i lost one of them. better to be safe then sorry. if u want to go go you are paying not them and if it wasent for us over protective mothers they would have a major pay cut =P
    kikyu

Answer by kikyu at 3:58 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I have a Lexi too!

If mine got hurt I watched them and if they seemed "off" then I would take them in. One time I did this and the doc told me she had nurse maids elbow and I insisted on an xray and finally after convincing him something was wrong he did it. Turned out she had a broken collar bone from falling off a chair onto a tile floor. He didn't even appologize for calling me paranoid and over bearing.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 11:44 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Mine were sledging when they were about 3 and an iron sledge hurtled down the hill and crashed straight into my, at that time, 3 year old son. I was terrified I screamed and ran straight down the hill, it turned out he had chipped his shin. We've had a few scares, mainly with him, but that was the worst that I can remember!
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 11:50 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I freaked out like that with my first son, my other two as long as they don't have  a deep wound, bleeding (gushing) , break a bone or knock themselves out they are fine.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Just be careful...the 'system' has a tendency to look at child injuries with a condeming eye. I would watch and see if she was 'off' like geminus said before rushing into a hospital. Just be careful...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Zach is now 16 months old, about 3 or 4 weeks ago he hit his head on the computer desk and it was instantly raised! It turned black and blue almost instantly! I was so freaked out! I yelled for my DH (DS had to get him), I was in such panic. I'm glad he was here! I don't know what I would have done had he not been! The advice they gave me was: Did it make a "dent" in his head? (no, that's good) DId he lose consciousness? (No, that's good) Did he throw up? (No, it's OK if he does twice, but after that we need to get to the ER) This is what the nurse told me. Does your PED have a nurseline? I'd just call and see what they tell you. I also had to wake him 2 hours into a nap. And at night I put him down as usual but wake him before I went to bed. And then had to set my clock for 4 hours later to wake him. He was so ill over this! :D He doesn't like to be awakened! GL :o)
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Anon ...11:53,
    She is going to her real doctor today for a check up, her ped,

she isnt acting funny she didnt act funny when it happend,
    shes being herself,
    thank god,
    Im still watching her like a hawk. But i trust what the doctors said about the Cat Scan,
    I was the last person in there, and they even gave her a little teddy bear to take home,
    she was in love with this teddy bear

She didnt have a good day yesturday,
    She went to the doc PRIOR in the day for her shots, and of course, she has a little cold right now,
    but i gave her some motrin, earlier today,
    she is running around the house acting like she is invisable,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 12:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I hate how doctors and other people that have had kids for awhile, act honestly like you are over-bearing,

Why do they do this,
    By all means you know that they did this once or twice for their children,

so i just dont understand the point of their opinions,
    their our children, they are important to us,

he should have said sorry Gem
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 12:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I have six children and every time one of them hurt themselves I'd panic. I think it is a normal Mom reaction. I definitely would have taken her in given your description of how she looked. I would rather take them in and have nothing wrong than keep them home and it be serious.
    wifeof1momof6

Answer by wifeof1momof6 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• my daughter just last yr hit her head on a stair at mcdonalds it was in the toddler play area and i waited in the line to get some ice but she started throwing up so i rushed her to the hospital they didnt do an mri they just said it was nothing to worry about
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2008