What do you think is going to make the most difference in your childs life?

What is your opinion? Mine is: The time you spend with your children is the most valuable thing you can give them. Just ask any older mom. Or mom of older kids.

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Love, patience, tolerance and guidance.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 12:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• LOVE. You can never show them how much you love them enough. Like you said through quality time, cuddles, and just being there when they need you. :)
    chupachyps

Answer by chupachyps at 11:49 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I would have to say that is is important to me to show my girls love stability  and than a woman can be a positive powerful person

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I think setting a GOOD example is so so sooooo important. My parents set a horrible example for me...basically showing me everything I'm NOT supposed to do with myself. I really hope my boyfriend and I can teach our daughter and future kids healthy eating habits, the benefit of exercise, the importance of education, etc.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:56 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• yeah the time and what you do with the time. sitting together in front of the tv isnt going to do much good, also modeling healthy behvaiors... like good social relationships, eating well, being active.... etc... being a "good example" for your kid and remembering your roll... to parent and you can have fun but not to be a friend but to be thier parent they can trust to do the right thing and love them unconditionally...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• unconditional love and a great value system..person responsibility
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i agree with all of the above.
    i'm also a firm believer in being real with them. my oldest son, 9 now, i hide nothing from. i don't pretend to be a perfect parent. he knows i am doing my best. we are learning and growing together. he understands and respects that he is disciplined out of love. you know? i knew some kids who were raised by "perfect" parents & grew up having a lot of problems because they went out in the world, so naive as to believe it would be a disney movie. and had a lot of trouble learning this as adults.
    jodys-jody

Answer by jodys-jody at 1:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i also do my best to not rush him. this world is turning into a more & more serious place for kids. when i was little, the only big decision i faced every day was what kind of cereal i'd like to eat for breakfast. now, little ones, as young as 2nd and 3rd grade are bogged down with where they're going to go to college! i tell my son that its of no importance to me what he grows up to become. i could care less if i end up being the mother of a doctor or lawyer or astronaut... i just want to always be the mother of a good young man.
    so, yeah. do your best to love them unconditionally; give them your time; offer unending patience; provide solid guidance; teach them learn from their mistakes; and protect them from the pressures of the adult world so that they can enjoy their childhood.
    jodys-jody

• speaking as a mom who has older and younger kids...what I do is what matters most. Kids most def learn what they live!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Being there for them, allowing them to talk to you no matter what.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 5:12 PM on Dec. 4, 2008