This is a good point about Osama's death....

One of my friends pointed out....Everyone is so happy about Osama's death...but what about the retaliation of it? Those people worshipped him...what will they do to us in return??

I'm scared about what can happen in the next few weeks :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• That's why there's a heightened level of national security.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 10:58 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Very good point. I wonder...will Obama be taking credit for that as well?
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:58 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I have been pointing out to my friends the retaliation factor. Doesn't make me very popular. The voice of reason usually is not very popular I guess.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on May. 2, 2011

• This is a very good point and of course there is a risk of retaliation. I am sure there is someone who is more than willing to take Bin Laden's place now that he is dead. It is very scary.
    cowboysgirl3227

Answer by cowboysgirl3227 at 10:59 AM on May. 2, 2011

• oh well....too late to worry about that now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I am worried too. So worried I have told my son I am going to talk to his gfs parents because they leave for a missionary trip in El Salvador in a month and I am worried about them going.

Answer by gemgem at 11:00 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Exactly. They don't need Osama to do the dirty work. They know how to. UGH. I'm scared :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:00 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I'm worried too. My Mom said she read in the news this morning that the government says retaliation is to be expected basically.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:01 AM on May. 2, 2011

• The first thing that popped into my head is the fact that his minions aren't going to just say "ohhh they killed our figurehead. let's pack up & go home". They'll want retaliation.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 11:01 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Last night someone on CM said the Islam blogs are worth reading. She said there will be retaliation. I do not read their blogs, but was not shocked by her comment. Retaliation is to be expected.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on May. 2, 2011