How do you get over?

being neglected; ignored; pushed away and treated badly by family members that you thought you were getting along with fine?

Especially when they won't return your phone calls; emails or answer the door when you go to their house.

Also how do you tell a another family member that you don't force yourself on others just because they do?

I have no friends so have always tried to keep the communication lines open with family and they have all pretty much written me out of their lives also.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 11:00 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• I think it's time to try and find some friends who love and accept you in a way your family doesn't seem to be able to do. You can't choose your family, but you can go out and make some friends that treat you in a much better way.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:20 PM on May. 2, 2011

• You have done what you can. Go on with your life. Work at developing new friends.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:02 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I am so sorry your dealing with this...it is never fun to feel regected and when it comes from your own family its even worse...all you can really do is just keep trying...send and email and ask whats going on maybe someone will fill you in...hang in there hun
    lotsolove86

Answer by lotsolove86 at 11:04 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I know the pain you're talking about.

What I did and am still doing is trying to new friends away from my family.
    PaCsSupermom

Answer by PaCsSupermom at 11:05 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I'm just saying... if you have no friends and your whole family is doing this, do you think that maybe the problem is you and you just don't know it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I would get over it and stop trying to communicate with them. Ive found that just because they are related by blood doesn't mean they have to be in your life.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 11:17 AM on May. 2, 2011

• family is who you make it. If your fam treats you bad, find a new one! God bless sweetie, sorry for the pain!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:33 PM on May. 2, 2011

• and why do you need to sign anon and can't put your name on the response? My husband even agrees with me that it is the family members and not with me and that I have tried to get along and keep the communication lines open with them
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 11:08 AM on May. 2, 2011