Ex Girlfriends...

My bf is REALLY close to three of his exs. He even helps one out financially if she needs it. The other one jokes with him about me (my age, the fact that I'm a single mom). I don't feel like its my place or appropriate to ask him to change his relationships with them, (he's been friends with them for 5-10 years) it just kind of hurts me....idk, your thoughts?

gypsymama532

Asked by gypsymama532 at 11:04 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Well if he isnt cheating I would try and remind myself of that. I can relate to his point of view. I am friends with most of my ex's and one I have been friends with for 24 yrs. My husband gets it, and he is ok with it.

Answer by gemgem at 11:06 AM on May. 2, 2011

• If it hurts you I think you should really be honest with your bf about it...dont ask him to change it just let him know how it makes you feel and why maybe he will be able to make you feel better with his response. Try to apreciate the fact that he is at least open with you about his contact with his ex's and maybe it's a good thing that he isn't one to burn bridges...keep your chin up hun and if it is something you really cant handle then maybe this guy just isn't the one for you
    lotsolove86

Answer by lotsolove86 at 11:09 AM on May. 2, 2011

• The fact that he allows his ex to poke fun of you would bother me. I would tell him i understand they are your friends but we are in a relationship when she tries to make fun of you and your life you would appreciate it if he had your back on that situation. imo i wouldnt want to be with a man who doesnt back me up.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 11:14 AM on May. 2, 2011

• hmm if your not comfortable with it then he should respect that... and she shouldnt be talkin about you its none of her damn buisness!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 11:15 AM on May. 2, 2011

• yeah , uhmmmm the talking about you is not cool. and NONE OF HER BUSINESS. you are in a relationship with him, not all them too. If he can afford to help one out and it not interfer with ya'll's stuff, then more power to him. BUT IF HE IS GOING OUT AND HANGING OUT WITH THEM WITH YOU AT HOME...... NOPE, I'd talk to him. that is not respectful to YOU at all. He made a commitment to you and your child....he needs to respect you.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 11:22 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I wouldn't try and stop the friendship, but I would approach him about some of the things that have hurt your feelings.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 11:50 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I personally, would not be ok with that. I mean on the one hand it is kind of cool and it tells you that he is a nice guy, but on the other hand who in the hell wants to deal with 3 exes! I sure wouldn't. I wouldn' make him choose between me or them either. I would just say it is all too weird for me, nice knowin ya!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:31 PM on May. 2, 2011