Do republicans now have respect for Obama doing something that Bush could not?

Edit:  I in no way am saying that Obama did everything himself, that's stupid.  I stated no opinion.  It's a simple question.   He could have pulled the military out and ended the war but he continued what Bush had started and followed it through.  

mrs.coop

Asked by mrs.coop at 11:11 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I am a republican and no this has not changed how I look at Obama. The Navy Seals got Osama based on Intel by the CIA. The CIA I am sure informed Obama and he told them to go for it. I dont see what this has to do with how I feel about Obama as a President.

Answer by gemgem at 11:13 AM on May. 2, 2011

• No. Obama didn't do it he only made the announcement. The CIA and the Military did. It took 10 years and the work of 100's of people to find him, Obama just happened to be the president when it happened.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 11:14 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I don't "credit" Obama with catching him any more than I "fault" Bush for us being attacked in the first place. Both happened to be in the "right place at the right time", if you know what I mean.

The people I credit with this are the men and women of our Dept of Defense (in uniform and civilian employees) who have worked tirelessly to catch and eliminate him.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:16 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Obama gets credit for giving the go ahead for the TROOPS to enter into Pakistan. Obama gets credit for allowing the non-notification to Pakistan for troops to enter... I am willing to bet there were MANY unsuccessful attempts before this one. Do you blame Obama for the lives lost and the enemies who got away in the unsuccessful ones? Or do you only give him credit for the successful ones?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:13 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Yep where is all of the bitching at obama for soldiers deaths? All yall did was rail on gwb and I remember this many times too 'so what if we get osama its not worth this' etc etc How come none of yall are bitching at Obama and calling him a murderer?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:21 AM on May. 2, 2011

• HAHAHAHAHHAH LOLOLOLOL Why would they do that? It's not true. OBAMA didn't do this. I do give Obama credit for continuing to look for this creep and for allowing his killing instead of his capture. (which I find surprising actually)
    Seems this has been in the works for some time, done with the help of the Patriot act, the fact that we had prisoners in Gitmo and the methods of information retrieval Bush allowed. The only thing left was the LUCK we had.
    You make it sound like Obama went out hunting for,located and shot Bin himself. Tee Hee
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:21 AM on May. 2, 2011

• it was the military doing their jobs.

Exactly.. and when the military do their job and civilian lives are lost, the military is evil to some of these Obama supporters. When the military does their job and catches the enemy, Obama is the hero...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:26 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Oh, you are so right OP. Obama is turning out to be just as big a warmonger as everyone said Bush was. Thanks for reminding us all how much better off we are with Obama leading the ship. *eyeroll*

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:18 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Sour grapes are so ugly

This from the sour grape lady herself
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:22 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I am with the ladies who said that the TROOPS did the work, so no, I don't have a new found respect for Obama. All he did was give the okay. He didn't do the recon, he didn't partake in the fire fights, he hasn't fought on the front line, he hasn't seen fellow troops die and get severely injured. I give NO credit to Obama for this. All he did was tell them he approved.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 11:22 AM on May. 2, 2011