Why are you a single mom??

I'm the classic story of being too young and moving too fast.

PaCsSupermom

Asked by PaCsSupermom at 11:13 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• I am a single mom by choice. My ex cheated on me and I kicked him out. I decided to raise my child on my own rather than stay with a lying cheater. Funny thing, he has cheated on EVERY woman he has been with since then.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:20 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Because my ex is a dumbass! It's better to be single than to be in a relationship that only causes pain and turmoil. I don't mind being a single mom though -- I get ALL the loving from my girl!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 11:24 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Because I got divorced this past year.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:25 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I am a single mom because after my son was born his father became physically and verbally abusive to both me and his son, he was jealous of his own child which is sad and refused to do anything for him, my son has been on this earth for a year and some months and his father has never bought him anything, I did everything while we were together and figured my son and I deserved better especially my son the last straw was when he called my son gay for crying for me, he tried to pick the baby up and the baby started crying because his father was never around he was always with me 24/7 so he gets an attitude called him f**king gay and I packed all the stuff I could carry and haven't looked back since I feel guilty cuz I wanted my son to have two parents but I finally accepted that its not my fault I did all I could to keep us together
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 11:29 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I was 20 level headed and independent when I became a mom. By 22, I'd been through a very bad relationship, I held on for 2 years because he was my first and the father of my child. Once I realized I didn't need him, I moved on with my life and I was so happy to realize I had a better life without him. Now that he's seen I've done so well for myself and he is still jobless and living from place to place, he's trying to rekindle our relationship, but I much too mature to ever put myself through sucj mess again.I myself am proud to be a single mother and I'm glad I took the step my mother and even her mother didn't-stopped depending on man.
    thelovelymzbre

Answer by thelovelymzbre at 11:34 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I just wanted to add that I'm so proud of all the single moms that answered, I'm just so honored to know all of you and I feel such a bond I've felt alone for such a long time but the more I come on this website and talk to beautiful strong women like yourselves it makes me proud to be a woman and it shows women truly rule the world. Thank you to all the moms for being the positive in my sometimes negative world .
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 11:46 AM on May. 2, 2011

• That is really cool, I love women who won't put up with abuse or BS. I left with two kids when i was 18, my abusive ex was 20. They say the best revenge is to live a good life and it's so true. I have been happily married to a good man now for 10 years! Thank you God for answering my prayer and sending me a REAL MAN> Amen.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:26 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Single mom because I was widowed. Still single because I like it this way :)
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:47 PM on May. 2, 2011

• i am a single mom because the father of my child was a liar, verbally abusive, and just plain stupid! un motivated lazy SOB! im soooo glad i ended the relationship and moved on... i love being a single mom...but i do hate the times where i have to share my daughter (especially when the father lives 500 miles away...not looking foward to the first time she spends time with him up in GA) i wish i didnt have to share her at all!
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 9:06 PM on May. 2, 2011