Bin Laden update: DNA confirms death

i know some of you wanted proof, just heard the breaking news on CNN world news. DNA confirms he's dead!

http://www.local12.com/content/breaking_news/story/DNA-Testing-Confirms-Osama-Bin-Laden-Dead/oMJhg3CHQUSRI0lwq6Z8IQ.cspx

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 11:23 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Yeah heard it on Fox news awhile ago. They also said something about using some facial software to determine it was him.

Answer by gemgem at 11:24 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I'm actually shocked that the body was buried at sea BEFORE the DNA was confirmed. Seems like anything could've happened to the DNA evidence, like contamination and such, and there would've been no way to retrieve new samples. It just seems reckless IMO.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:25 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Well unless they got a good amount of DNA like his brain matter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Just saw this on CNN.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on May. 2, 2011

• sorry that it's a local news report. im not even from cincinatti LOL but apparently the big news stations haven't updated their websites yet. turn on CNN world news and see for yourself.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 11:24 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Uhh yeah, I saw that last night.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:33 AM on May. 2, 2011

• @steph, how could you have seen that last night when the DNA confirmation just came through?
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 11:56 AM on May. 2, 2011

• The link you gave says he was shot in the head, while last night they said it was a bomb.. Two very different things... Where did they get a DNA sample to confirm it was him?? I truly do hope he is dead, but I just have a few questions..

Anyone know...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:58 AM on May. 2, 2011

• just curious as to how this is actual proof unless you were doing the testing yourself or standing there when they did it? ...Do you believe everything you hear on the news or from the govt?
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 12:24 PM on May. 2, 2011

Anyone know...

He was shot in the head while holding a woman as a human shield. They took his body and then bombed the compound from what I heard and saw on the news.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 12:58 PM on May. 2, 2011