warming

Should you warm the formula or is it ok to give it to the baby right out of the fridge?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's fine to give it cold if baby will take it cold.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:44 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• they way you give it to her is the way she will LEARN how to like it.....
    becareful, we gave ours room temp formula, until he stayed with my mil who warmed it, now thats the only way he will take it..
    Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• so it wont give the baby a upset stomach? thats what someone told me lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Ask your pedi
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Back in my day, you warmed everything, even sterilized bottles, nipples and pacifiers! Now, it's not necessary. My daughter kept giving the baby room termperature forumula and she had me freaking out! Oh, and don't even mention the water issue. No water? What? We gave water all the time.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:48 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Very cold milk can upset their tummy... and probably give brain freeze LOL. If I am giving breatmilk we just take the chill off... it's not warm... but not cold either.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:52 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I usually just heat babies bottle in a cup of warm water for a few minutes after it comes out of the fridge. It's still a little cold but he seems to do pretty good with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• It's fine. Babies tend to perfer room temp since it's more like breastmilk that way. but it's not necessary to warm it up. It's also easier to digest if it's warmed up, bug again, not necessary.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 12:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• my son liked his bottle warm not hot one of nieces would only take her bottle HOT like it was almost too hot for an adult then the other on would only drink it slightly cool every kid is differant
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 12:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2008