what test can I expect during pregnancy?

I was just wondering...besides your typical hcg and progesteran test, what are some of the other "typical" test done during pregnancy, blood or otherwise?

jorbear

Asked by jorbear at 6:20 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Blood Glucose screening. If the first one yeilds high results a second one. One that tests for std I can't for the life of me remember the name. You can opt for a blood test to see if the baby has any abnormalities. Can't remember it's name either. But if it comes back abnormal they may recommend amniocentisis. Wish I could remember the names, but I'm tired. lOL
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• oh then of course they usually do an ultrasound around 20 weeks. If you're lucky you can get the gender.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I forgot the name of the exam but a lot of woman don't realize that in one of the last virginal examination the doctor would do a rectum test. You would not know because a lot of doctors do it so fast. This test is to see if you a bacteria that could affect the baby at delivery if positive you would have antibiotic IV given before given birth to reassure the baby.
    crystalrico

Answer by crystalrico at 8:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• You will have a blood test to check your blood type and for any diseases. You will have a vaginal test at some point to check for Strep B. You will have a 1 hour glucose test and if you fail that a 3 hour glucose test. You can also opt for genetic testing which involves a finger prick and a sonogram. There are probably others that you would potentially have based on your history or possible complications. I was very afraid of needles and blood tests before I was pregnant but I was an expert by the time I went into labor.

http://1sttimeparents-whatdowedonow.blogspot.com
    NoJo

Answer by NoJo at 10:52 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• They do a pap smear!! be warned i wasnt i wasnt planning on bleeding at the visit but apparantly this is a routine thing done when pregnancy is established.
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 12:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2008