Period symtoms while breastfeeding?

My DD is seven months old... so I guess I'm supposed to be starting my period any time now.... Is it normal to have EXTREMLY sore nipples before you start your period when your breastfeeding? They are killing me... they hurt worse than when she first started nursing.... and I know we don't have thrush... it's not that kind of hurting.... also... I've been leaking like crazy.... and very engored..even though she hasn't reallychanged her eating habits? I've never leaked before.... except for before I had her.... but since she's been born I havn't leaked.... but now it's like a river explodes at the most random times!!! Did anyone else experance this before thier period? Or as thier baby got older??

BabyDio

Asked by BabyDio at 11:48 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe you are pregnant again ;)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:54 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I only got sore nipples when I got pregnant again. Not sure about the leaking. Pregnancy usually makes your supply decrease not increase....
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 12:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I didn't get my period till my dd was 14 mos old and I had stopped bf. I did however go into panic mode about 857 time that I was pg or about to start my period lmao. It's hard to say if you are getting it or not, but you might want to hold off on those white pants for a few days and see what happens.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 12:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My nips get tender every month just before my period. My son is 16 mos. I got my period at 7 m with him, and 6 with DD.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Do you have a plugged duct? Fever? Are your breasts hot to the touch? kellymom.com is a good resource. You could go get some pg. tests at the dollar store to see if you are pg. I got my first AF at 11 mos. and didn't have any symptoms at all. Everyone is different though.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Well I tried a pg test the other day.... negative... thank goodness!!! totally not ready for that one! but the pain has since went away... BUT she did get three teeth this week.... so I think maybe it was a latching problem due to teething.... thanks for all your suggestions though!!! I thought she was NEVER going to get toothers!!! hhahah
    BabyDio

Answer by BabyDio at 3:09 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I am having the same issue and it is SO PAINFUL! I know I am not pregnant because I am actually TTC again... my baby is 11 months and my periods are messed up but I am tracking it now and I for sure notice right around O and before AF I am in SO MUCH PAIN when bfing, enough to want to quit. =(

I saw this and I am going to try it... might work for you as well! GL!

http://www.breastfeed-essentials.com/menstruation.html
    kimsmithie

Answer by kimsmithie at 10:03 PM on Dec. 26, 2008