What's the easiest way to bath my 15lb 14oz baby!??

My son is only 2 months old and can hold his head up very steadily but still not secure enough to sit up. he's obviously growing out of his baby bath due to his size (the baby tub is of no use what so ever) and i find it Extremely hard to bath him on my own. I've even sat in the tub holding him before because it was so much easier. I know there's got to be an easier way! I want to enjoy an easy bath time with my son. any suggestions? i'm open to all

princess021

Asked by princess021 at 11:59 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe a different infant tub. My baby is 4 months and 17 lbs and fits just fine in his... and he loves it. This is the kind he has... http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Comfort-Newborn-Toddler/dp/B000GBGO26
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:31 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Walmart has a seat that you can sit them in and they sit in it supports them i use it for my 5 month old she still can fully sit up alone.
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 12:01 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Sounds like he would be big enough to use one of those little seats in bathtub. They usually have little suction cups on the bottom and then the baby sits in between the rungs.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:01 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i bathed my son in his baby bath until he was about 7 months old and weighed 22lbs so i don't see why you can't do the same?
    Anonymous

• You could always bleach out the kitchen sink and and bathe him in there. No bending so it's easy on your back. Be careful with bath seats because they lend themselves to a false sense of security. Always keep on hand on baby when he's in the tub. Good luck! I've got a great big boy myself!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:08 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I waited to use the little seat until my son could was getting close to sitting on his own. Before that I used a little net, bath "hammock". I'm not sure where I got it. It was netting stretched over a sturdy wire frame. It was angled like an infant bath, but I actually put it in the bath with shallow water. He loved laying in it. I could either bathe him with me by the side of the tub or get in with him and bathe him. Another great way is to just shower with him. This can be done by mommy or daddy. I just toss my son in with Daddy most of the time.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My dd used the baby bath until she starting climbing out of it. It had a slooped side so she could lean back and still be supported. It worked great.
    Anonymous

• Oh yeah, I used the kitchen sink too! I forgot about that. Clean it out good. I also went ahead and lined it with a cushy towl so it was soft.

Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i put my dd in the bathtub on a towel folded in four with a little more rise on the head...it worked until she was able to go in the sink.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 12:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• you must have a small infant tub! my DD is 4 months and weighs the same, and still can fit in hers. i'd suggest getting another one, only bigger. another good idea is you and hubby take a shower with her...dh and i used to do that with our son when he was first born. we try to do that with our DD now, but since we have our son, we don't really have the time. lol GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2008