Have you taken any of these for depression?

Wellbutrin, Paxil, Celexa, Risperidone . have you taken them before ? Are you still taking them> Did they work for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Health

• I take Lexapro. It seems to work very well for me
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 11:53 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I'm taking Effexor XR. I took Zoloft and it didn't work. I know a few people on Paxil and Celexa and they said it's working. The Effexor is working for me but I don't recommend it. The withdrawl is HIDEOUS.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:54 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I would be hesitant on Paxil, there is every a commerical on TV from lawyers about the effects and there is a law suit pending.
    Although I took it and I had a seizure while taking it at 15 years old. I took effexor and like Tararenee said, I wouldn't recommend that either. Celexa is my back up drug when I have to go through med changes as it works but not fully for me. I am currently on cymbalta and love it
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:59 AM on May. 2, 2011

• celexa, I am taking now, but really just started. So I can't tell you if it works. I hate feeling depressed so I will do anything to stop that feeling.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:09 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Paxil... I've been on it for 14 years.. My parents put me on it as a child for panic attacks...it causes me to be high risk while pregnant. I tried getting off of it during my first pregnancy. It made me los touch with reality. I couldn't get out of bed for 6 months. I felt like I wasn't in my body. I was suicidal and someone had to watch me 24/7... If you knew me today, I'm bubbly and happy, not suicidal whatsoever. You get what feels like jolts of energy shoot thru your body ifnyou don't take it. I tried checking myself into a mental ward I felt so crazy, but I was pregnant so they wanted me to deal with my obgyn. It tookna good three months to get the paxil back in my system...three months of he'll and mental torture. I literally counted then seconds. I've read where to get off this medication I will have to be basically tranquilized for a few weeks...no one should of have to go thru what I went thru.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 12:24 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I hope I scared you away from paxil, It is horrible and should be thourally researched before anyone go onto it. When I get better health insurance, and a free month I want off of it...even if that means I'm hospitalized. I've been researching facilities that can get me off the drug. It has been black boxed before, where they couldn't write new prescriptions for it. Please, do not take paxil, please!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 12:27 AM on May. 7, 2011