Do any one know how I can get my kids adopted for Christmas at this late day?

I have 3 daughter ages 7,8,10 and I really need help with Christmas this year and I have not been able to find a way via internet. I dont want it to get too late and not know what to do before I have to tell the girls they're not going to have Christmas this year.

brandylp618

Asked by brandylp618 at 12:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Holidays

• wishuponahero.com they helped me last year, there are some great people on that site.
    Good luck I know what it's like to be in your situation.
    mom2thebestkid

Answer by mom2thebestkid at 12:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Well, um, Christmas is a whole parade of customs and traditions. An Advent table in the main room with a blue cloth on it, some greenery and 4 candles or 1 central candle. In the evening, we light the candle and tell or read a Christmastime story (the library has lots of nice books) and then sing some Christmas carols and add something to the Advent table such as building up the stable or adding the ox or some straw, or a pine cone or pretty stone one of your girls brought home. An Advent calendar to count down the days to Christmas (when our children were growing up, we never BOUGHT one - we made ours, like a string with little packets to open containing a pretty shell or a nut to put on the Advent table. Angels and stars are added above it. Mary & Joseph and the donkey travel slowly across the room toward the stable. On Christmas eve, they are in the stable, and Christmas morning the baby has appeared. ... (cont'd)
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• (cont'd) ... Then come the shepherds and their sheep, and the 3 Kings start their journey. On Jan. 6th they arrive and spend a few days before heading back. If you do not have figures, you can make them by decorating cones made from toilet paper rolls (again the library has books about Christmas crafts). The girls could have a blast doing this, and also doing all kinds of other Christmas crafts like cutting paper snowflakes or paper chains, or making ornaments for a tree (or for a greenery branch if you won't have a tree). Making cookies, knitting, sewing a doll from a white crew sock, making Christmas cards with crayons and glitter, playing with playdough which you can make in your own kitchen - these can all be wonderful memories of Christmas time. Candlelight, making things for others, singing carols, making pretty decorations - THESE are activities which foster the joy of Christmas. ... (cont'd)
    waldorfmom

• (cont'd) ...The opening of presents for an hour on Christmas morning is a brief and paltry substitute for the 6 weeks of fun we can have enjoying Christmas singing and crafts from Thanksgiving Day to mid-January when things are packed up to make way for the advent of Spring. You can even make your hard times into a special memory of togetherness - there are many Christmas stories about destitute families or orphans who receive no presents but experience a Christmas miracle. ... I hope you find ways to enjoy these many aspects of Christmas - AND that you can make some nice things to be gifts for your girls, or find them in a thrift store ... Best wishes for a nice Christmas!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• on cafemom there is Holiday Helpers Group. I just found it yesterday and "adopted" a family.
    chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 12:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• You can also check with your church or local churches. Many times they have gifting trees where you can request inexpensive items for your kids.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2008