Anyone who gets cold sores have this problem?

After I had my DD (2 years ago)..I started getting cold sores way more frequently then I did before I had her..before getting pregnant I had only had a total of 3 since i was a kid....now I get them every couple of months and its sooo frustrating.. I just feel like every since I got pregnant my immune system has crapped out on me!! I also breastfed for a full year....the only time I didnt get a cold sore was when the doctor put me on paxil for like 5 months because I was having some anxiety...after I stopped taking it I started getting them again and even more frequently..All of the medical websites say you the outbreaks become less frequent with time..that has not been the case for me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Health

• and please dont explain to me that the virus is caused by Herpes (HSV-1) and all that because I already KNOW ..ive had them long enough that ive done PLENTY of research..im not asking what causes them im asking why they are happening more often
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:06 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Hmmmm, maybe it's because you're tired or that worry/anxiety about taking care of everyone/everything is streeing your immune system. Maybe you could try daily yoga or meditaion (like 10 mins) try to do it at the same time each day, it might help calm your anxiety...
    mommawhite08

Answer by mommawhite08 at 12:14 PM on May. 2, 2011