Can you keep wild rabbits?

There is a super cute baby bunny in my back yard and I want to catch him.
Is that horrible?
would it be like a bunny from the animal store?

Zoeysmom09

Asked by Zoeysmom09 at 12:08 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Pets

• my cat drug up 3 baby bunnies when i was a kid and we kept them, bottle fed them and everything they lived for 6 years
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:11 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I wouldn't Zoeysmom, he has a mommy bunny to take care of him,, sometimes wild rabbits will have a heart attack from being caught. You don't know if he is sick,,go to the pet store and get a bunny that has been raised to have human contact!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:11 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I wanted to save him from my next door neighbors Britney dog. But thats what I though Kim that he had a mommy!
    Zoeysmom09

Comment by Zoeysmom09 (original poster) at 12:14 PM on May. 2, 2011

• No you wouldn't be able to hold it and play with it like pet rabbits it will always be wild. I would let it be.
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 12:14 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My pugs are just looking at it LOL they have no idea what it is.
    Zoeysmom09

Comment by Zoeysmom09 (original poster) at 12:15 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I once heard from a rabbit enthusiast that if you find a "cute little bunny" in your backyard, it might well be someone's pet and may need some help. Wild rabbits are apparently not cute. Is there a small animal rescue or animal control you could call for advice? I don't advocate taking in a wild rabbit, but if it is someone's pet, it won't have the skills to survive in the wild. Also, I've heard that cats can give domestic rabbits a slow, awful death.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 2:10 PM on May. 2, 2011