Car advice needed ... what do you drive?

Baby #2 will be here in January. If baby #2 is anything like baby #1 we will be upgrading to a combo car seat in June. Yikes! And I don't think my CR-V can handle 2 rear facing combo seats!

What do you drive? And the Toyota Highlander is out because neither DH nor I like the bratty kid in the commercial. Just a matter of principle.

Also, do you have a 4-door jeep? How does that work out with car seats? We have a 2-door jeep and it is a pain getting baby #1 into her seat!

bryncalyn

Asked by bryncalyn at 12:09 PM on May. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have a Mazda Tribute and love it. But, with an 11 year old, and a 4 year old, there is not enough room for SO AND another baby soon.

I am looking and the Chevy Traverse. It has 3rd row seating and is NOT a van.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:15 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Is baby #1 big enough for forward facing? That may be what you need to do.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:18 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I have a Jeep Liberty and love it. It has been virtually trouble-free with regular maintenance. I currently have over 150,000 miles on it.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:20 PM on May. 2, 2011

• the jeep libertys are horrible for rear facing car seats especially if you have long legs yourself..i couldnt even get my dd's seat in it! anywho I personally drive a yukon xl and love it..i also have an 08 impala and it works out but more room would be better..so pretty much for everyone me, dh and 14yr sd and baby the yukon is our best bet plus we can haul stroller,,groceries and plenty of ppl lol...
    Anonymous

• A Ford Explorer and a Chevy Silverado extended cab. We buy AMERICAN!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:25 PM on May. 2, 2011

• If they would make more American that last as long as foreign, I would buy American.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I drive Fords mustang, focus, and a f150 depends on what we are doing
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 11:54 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I have a Traverse and it's very roomy.
    bellagracie82

Answer by bellagracie82 at 5:40 PM on Jun. 7, 2011