American Sign Language

Any good resources to help me learn ASL? I would love to be able to learn to sign fluently, but I can't afford to take a class.

MamaRae85

Asked by MamaRae85 at 12:16 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Shopping

• I am self taught! Let me find some info and I will get back to you! But I did have to pay for on-line classes. I am still needing to go back to school and get better classes. Signing is hard when you are trying to teach yourself.....AND IF you have no one to practice with....you forget so much.

It will probably be later this afternoon, but I will do my best to get you some links!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 12:28 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Oh and your local library may have some videos you can check out...mine did :-)
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 12:29 PM on May. 2, 2011

• i'd check your local ymca, community center, etc. classes may be free there. if not, can always use youtube or some other site to practice.
    JBJ1025

Answer by JBJ1025 at 12:30 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Check on the internet. I know there is a website where they will actually show you how to sign. You should start off with learning the alphabet in sign language which will help you to finger spell any actual words. If you need any help you can message me.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 12:34 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Here in our nearest Community College, ASL classes are offer. It can cost from $150 for 2 months program to up to $1,800 for a ASL translator program.
    Anonymous

• You can use SigningOnline.com they are good for basic classes. Another super fun way to learn sign is with Signing Time. www.Signingtimeacademy.com/adrienne they have some wonderful DVD's that are so fun and easy to learn with.
    ADonner911

Answer by ADonner911 at 1:18 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I'd check the library ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:00 PM on May. 5, 2011