Oh oh, my son got my nephew sick...I apologized now what?

DS went to visit his grandma and grandpa for a few days, he was there for day 2 and woke up with sore throat/fever, left work went to doctor and he has strep. My 1 1/2 year old nephew played with him all day, and now is sick as well. He was born premature and has had many problems.. my SIL is really upset ( I understand). I called to tell her that there was no way I would have let him be around my nephew if I knew my son was sick,, she said, I can't believe that he was completely okay when I sent him to my Moms....idk what else to say, but she said the next time my son visits they will just stay away.

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 12:18 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• So sorry for you, it wasn't your fault. They can be perfectly fine one day and really sick the next, there was no way you could have known! We once a had a birthday day party, we were all healthy, after the party, dh, my ds and I all came down with the stomach flu! Guess what? It went around the whole extended family! If I had known I would have cancelled the party! There isn't much you can do. You apologized. Your sil is most likely really protective since your nephew was a preemie, which is understandable. Just give it time and let it pass.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 12:22 PM on May. 2, 2011

• give her a few days.. she will calm down.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:20 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Your SIL is being ridiculous. Ignore her antics. Things happen, you apologized, it's not longer your problem.
    Anonymous

• Don't take it out on the kids. OMG< she has to understand kids will be kids and they will get sick.

End of convo... LOL---- Let her calm down and hopefully she will realize that. That is how we toughen up there immune system.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:22 PM on May. 2, 2011

• wow..you cant do anything else, this suff just happens with kids. Hopefully she will get over it. It would be different if you knowingly sent him sick all the time but this is normal kid stuff.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:21 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My sister does this also when my son was smaller and even well, now.. her daughter is 9 and she refuses to bring her to the DR so she gets mad everytime they are around each other and blames my son ( me) for getting my niece sick.. whether he's sick or not, it always ends up my fault. I wouldn't do anymore than you've already done. Kids DO get sick by fluke also - you could blame her but you aren't.. who knows who got who sick at this point.. and in the end, it doesn't matter anymore...sorry Mama...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:25 PM on May. 2, 2011

• your sil sounds like a bitch, so next time your son (her nephew) they'l stay away, so she is not gonna allow your son play with his cousin, kids get sick no big deal, I know she was just worred and hopefully will calm down and get over it. no real harm done. You have apologized nothing more you can do.
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 12:25 PM on May. 2, 2011

• kids are germ passers that is all there is to it. do not let her bother you.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 12:26 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I can't help but say, I wonder those of you who are calling her sil ridiculous and other names - was your child a preemie? There is a whole other set of problems there. Gosh, of course she is going to be upset if there was past health issues. If it was a "regular" on time baby w/o those issues then maybe she would be over reacting.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 12:29 PM on May. 2, 2011

• i wouldent worry about it at all,kids get sick its going to happen,i think shes over reacting,but hey if it makes her feel better to put the blame on someone let her,its not your fault sounds like she just wants to be a bitch.
    twolilgirls712

Answer by twolilgirls712 at 12:29 PM on May. 2, 2011