• In the Spotlight:

I'm 15 weeks and still sick as can be! HELP?!?!

So, this is my second pregnancy. My first one, I was sick for the first trimester, but I was miraculously cured the first day of my second trimester. Now, with this little one, I'm still sick as ever. There's days where I can't eat at all, because I'll just be in the bathroom getting rid of it as soon as its in my mouth. I have Zofran, which is supposed to stop the nausea, but it actually makes it worse for me. Any ideas on what I should be trying to eat, and what not to be eating?

LadyLuzier

Asked by LadyLuzier at 12:27 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• So sorry doll! I was sick until about 16-17 weeks and then it stopped so hopefully, it's almost over!! I liked the idea of natural remedies so I would eat something before I got out of bed. Just a cracker or two before my feet even hit the ground. For me, it helped to have something in my stomach right away. Also, I ate ginger snaps and drank ginger tea. It helped sooth my stomach. Hope this helps!!

praying4baby985

Answer by praying4baby985 at 12:31 PM on May. 2, 2011

• with my first i didn't get sick until 3 mnths n stayed sick until 6mnths every pregnancy is different. I couldn't keep ANYTHING down i lost a ton of weight my Dr. recommended drinking boost or ensure to get the nutrients for the baby i also got pills from my Dr. however they were VERY expensive but i called them miracle pills maybe talk to your Dr and see what she can give you

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:36 PM on May. 2, 2011

• fingers crossedHOPE YOU FEEL BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kylansmommy09

• Another thing- I've tried Ensure, but I cant keep anything that even looks like milk down. :(
    LadyLuzier

Comment by LadyLuzier (original poster) at 12:38 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I'm sorry =( I was sick for my whole pregnancy. I hope you're not
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 12:47 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I'd eat a cracker or two every once in a while and drink water as much as you can handle. Popsicles or italian ices. BUT what actually worked for me was taking half a Unisom tablet. I gave my doctor a strange look when he told me about it. He wasn't the only doctor who recommended it. I had been sick for 18 weeks and I was miserable but he finally convinced me because I was losing weight and I was naseaous all the time. so yep half a tablet of Unisom (over the counter sleeping pill) is what did wonders for me.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:14 PM on May. 2, 2011

• i feel for you. i was sick my entire pregnancy. i used to try to suck on peppermints before getting up. that would help sometimes but sometimes it would make me sicker, lol.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 3:46 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Snacks high in protein, like beef sticks, and LOTS of water will help your nausea. Often or not nausea is aggregated by dehydration, so keep hydrated to save yourself the pain later. Avoid saltines, because salt will take water away from your body. My DH read magazine/articles/internet to find these "cures" and they worked magic for me.
    M.Galvan

Answer by M.Galvan at 8:04 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I was sick from week 6 to 13 I am sorry you are still having the sickness :(
    mommaofemma

Answer by mommaofemma at 10:48 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Ooh! I just bought some beef sticks! lol. Water doesn't taste good to me anymore, so I'm trying to trick myself by making sugar free lemonade, lol. And I drink a small Gatorade a day to try to keep hydrated. <3 Thanks M.Galvan!
    LadyLuzier

Comment by LadyLuzier (original poster) at 6:59 PM on May. 3, 2011