i was talking to this boy for aboutt 3 months now as a friend and we just took it to the next level where we are a lil more than friends and then my son's father harasses him and we dont even talk nomore. and now the other boy doeant really want to have anything to do with me and i really like him. what should i do?? i have not a clue.

ANI30

Asked by ANI30 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• I disagree with the baby's daddy having a say in who you're hanging around or for him conversing at all with anyone you might be interested in unless you're still with him.
    If you like the guy and he likes you, then you have to decide do you want to stand up to your baby's daddy and tell him to butt out or do you want him to dictate what you do for the rest of your life or till he loses interest in it?
    Some people don't want that kind of drama in their lives (I'm one of them), so it'd be best if you find someone that already has a child so they'd understand what you're going thru having to deal with the ex on a regular basis.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• well you can't change this guys feelings or his way of thinking so just let him go. there will be a man out there that won't care what is going on in your life cause he is just totally smitten with you. so don't waste your time trying to convince someone that you are worth all that if they can't see right away. in time your ex will get over you and himself and you'll be more available to that special someone.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• The problem is, you have to determine how baby's fathers fits into your lives. If he is has no meaning to either of you, his involvement would be harrassment and you might seek police involvement. If he is supporting the child, unfortunately, he does have a right to say who hangs around his child. Put yourself in his shoes. Would you want some woman who you didn't necessarily like around your baby? With baby daddys and baby mamas, unfortunately this is the type of situation you have all gotten yourselves into.
    Anonymous

• first off, stop talking to boys. it's time to focus on men.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 12:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I agree with all of the above!!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• That you use the term "boy" raises red flags for me. If you are seeing boys then I am going to assume that you are a girl. A girl with a child. Focus on your child. Take some time to grow up and figure out who you are (for the sake of you, your child, and any future mate) before you even worry about involving yourself with the opposite sex. You should be surrounding yourself with friends that have similar situations, goals and interests as you. I am going to assume that you are a young single mom. Stick with other young single moms and don't bother with males right now. Make sure your baby's father understands that his only concern is your child, not you. Now, if you are bringing other "boys" around his child then it is his business!
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 1:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2008