Remind me why I should quit smoking, it is so hard? Did you quit?

I know it stinks, it kills but I hate the fact that I enjoy it, smoking, and stinking. LOL<

Not litterally. :)

I know I can shop more, save more, omg get my nails done and feel better. HELP>>>>>

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 12:31 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Health

• I quit cold turkey it was the hardest week ever but I did it. I quit back in 2005 for one I felt guilty spending money on cigs instead of on my kids,and I hated the way I acted when I needed a cigarette. I realize the health benefits and not being dependant on them is awesome! Not only that I don't stink anymore!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 12:33 PM on May. 2, 2011

• It's Very hard But You can do it ! When I quit I cried It was like i lost my Best Friend ... When I ate I always had in my mind while i was eating i was about to smoke soon after "It hit Me soon as i was done eating" ( I WAS NOT GONNA BE SMOKING) It was crazy hard But I quit and Im so happy I did
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 12:34 PM on May. 2, 2011

• i have been smoke-free for 9 days now, and i was a pack a day smoker for 9 years. the reason why is number one your health. did you know that within 20 minutes of your last cigarette, your blood pressure and heartrate begin to improve? within 8 hours your blood oxygen levels have returned to normal. your risk of a heart attack go down within the first few days. within 10 years of not smoking you have the same risk of heart attack/stroke as that of a lifelong non smoker. do it for your health mama! i wanna stick around to hold my grandbabies and im doing my part to make sure it happens :)

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:35 PM on May. 2, 2011

• not to mention the damage you have already done to your lungs, throat, and other parts of your body will also heal itself. the body is very resilient and it is never too late to quit. it will repair the damage you have done to it.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:37 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Sorry, I don't have a quitting success story. But,,, let me just say "YOU CAN DO IT!!" I am so proud of anyone who chooses to lay down something because they know it is what's best. I'm sure it's a major sacrifice, but your loved ones will benefit by having you around and healthy for a long time. This life is so precious that it's worth taking the best care of ourselves so that we can live long, healthy lives and enjoy it. God bless you and give you strength on this journey ;-)

praying4baby985

Answer by praying4baby985 at 12:38 PM on May. 2, 2011

• i used to smoke also..i started when i was about 17 and smoked til about 23..i did quit cold turkey me and my husband both..i did not have really any trouble quiting neither did he its mainly a mind thing...i will tell you i did gain weight..but what helped make up my mind was i would get horrible colds that i couldnt seem to shake during the yr for no reason..then i would see older women that sounded like they had frogs in their throats and it was not appealing at all..they sound hoarse all the time..so i just quit
    Anonymous

• I smoked for 20 years and loved every minute of it! But, maybe 4-5 years ago I quit. It was hard, but not undoable. The 2 best pieces of advice I got were, #1 - turn your mind from smoking. When you feel a craving come on, say to yourself "Yes, a cigarette would be nice, but I'm done with that now. Hmmmm, I wonder what's on Maury today?" Force yourself to think of something else to distract yourself. #2 - When it gets really bad, pretend you are smoking. Use a pen or something if you need a prop, but go through the motions and breathing as if you are really inhaling and exhaling a cigarette. The deep breathing of smoking is actually a calming thing without the cigarette. You can do it! Good Luck!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:46 PM on May. 2, 2011

• JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:34 PM on May. 2, 2011