Is it just bad luck or...

does some "higher power" feel the need to constantly test me and my dh's patience? (background: dh has custody of his two kids coo coo bio mom gets supervised visits) So why does it seem like every activity i.e. baseball game chorus concert ALWAYS seem to fall on HER day. It wouldn't be that bad except it seems she has this overwhelming need to be "noticed" she knows that the kids coaches, teachers all know that the kids don't live with her and its like she is on a mission to make it look like she is even slightly involved in these kids lives. It is like a tug of war to get her and the supervisor of the visits (her dad) to take the boys to their game if it falls on HER day but when she does show up she makes sure she is taking pictures, or trying to get friendly with the coach's wife. She tells the kids not to bring homework over because it cuts into her time but yet she schedules her own parent teacher confrences and makes sure the teachers have ALL her contact info. It just seems like eventhough she is in the wrong everything still goes her way. Just need advice on how to deal with what seems like a constant up hill battle.

Genice6

Asked by Genice6 at 12:31 PM on May. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Well I guess she does have the right to show up even if it didn't fall on her day. I know what you mean though. I know a 21 yr old with a 2 & 3 yr old and she does that. After a while she gets tired of it and you see how she really is with them after a few hours. They can cry to her and she'll tell them to go play and that she dont want to hear it. It kind of feels like some moms like to pretend to do it all but when it comes down to actually doing all of it, they can't or are not interested. All you can really do is be there for the kids in ways she isn't.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 12:42 PM on May. 2, 2011

• as long as they know the kids live with you I don't see the problem. yes it is annoying to you but I am sure everyone else is rolling their eyes inside at her as well.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:42 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Dealing with this its never-ending bio mom calls the school and teacher to find out how ss is doing but has no involvement in school work good luck
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 11:51 AM on May. 3, 2011