Oops... would you be mad or feel really bad?

I feel really bad.

We all make mistakes... It just happens. Well my husband made a 2,000 mistake in the checkbook (maybe). We are some how 2,000 short in the bank from what our checkbook says. He has been over and over and over the statements and checkbook. He will go in to the bank today and see if they can help him find the missing money. I hope it is the banks mistake because my husband is beating himself up over this and is very upset with himself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• I have been there, not $2000...but any amount can mess you up! Best of luck!!! Oh, and to actually ANSWER your question: I would be mad, then feel bad, then mad again, etc etc etc.... :)
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:37 PM on May. 2, 2011

• That is a big mistake to make. If he can't find it I would guess something got mixed up at the bank. I would feel bad. No reason to get mad over a mistake. It is already done, getting mad won't help it or change it.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 12:37 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I would be beating myself up like crazy.. hope you guys find it
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:38 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I'm not well off enough to spend $2K that I thought was there. At any given time I know what's in my account to the dollar (but that's what we broke folk do, haha). I hope things work out in your favor!
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 12:41 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I bet it is the bank's fault,, I have made a $500 mistake, but found it on my own,, if he can't figure it out, there is a good sign that the bank messed up something..so I would just be irritated, but not at my hubby!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:45 PM on May. 2, 2011

• How does anyone make a 2 grand mistake? Thats ALLOT of $$ to loose track of. I hope for your sake it IS the banks mistake.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:46 PM on May. 2, 2011

• PS..maybe you should go to the bank instead of him,, just in case he isn't telling you something you might need to know.. I would be involved in the process of finding out where it went,, but maybe he bought you jewelry for mother's day,, and doesn't want you to know?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:47 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Well, I hope you guys find the missing money! I've made mistakes like that before- never that big, because we never have that much in there lol, but it sure FELT like a huge mistake at the time.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:49 PM on May. 2, 2011

• LOL - Kimigogo... wouldnt that be a nice surprise! But by his reaction I KNOW that it was just a mistake some where.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:50 PM on May. 2, 2011