Does anyone feel the same as me about Osama's death?

I don't feel the need to be happy that he died, for I don't have it in me to celebrate someone's death, but I am happy for the people who now feel justice. May it be a family of a fallen soldier or 9-11 victim, or the people who are now suffering from PTSD, or a missing limb, and the families who have to take care of them from now until forever. And for anyone who was devasted that 9-11 morning, and for every soldier who voluntarily serves another term, and every soldier who leaves their family behind to fight for their freedoms. For everyone who lost hope.

That's why I am happy, that's why I will celebrate.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 12:36 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I feel the same way. Death isn't something to celebrate, but I think that being hunted down like an animal was definitely a "let the punishment fit the crime" style of justice. I just hope it brings the families directly affected some closure.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:20 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I feel sad that everyone thinks it's party time to celebrate the death of a human. I feel bad that the man was so messed up in his mind to feel that all the evil that he caused was right..
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 12:40 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I'm not the kinds of person who can celebrate anyone's death, even my worst enemy's. It just feels wrong to me. I am relieved that he has died, but I will not cheer and act giddy over a death. I feel that's barbaric.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:54 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I don't celebrate the death of anyone but I do celebrate justice and his death does just that!!
    maybaby22

Answer by maybaby22 at 12:38 PM on May. 2, 2011

• i don't see how the death of one man is going to change anything over there, he has several followers and someone will take his place...(not saying osama's death isn't a reason to celebrate for some)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:40 PM on May. 2, 2011

• The man was NOT human, he was evil incarnate just like Hitler, Stalin, Czar Nicholas...etc....
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:51 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I don't feel very celebratory over his death either. Loss of life is never something to celebrate, and I try to love everyone as I love myself. I am a Christian, and the Bible says we are to love our enemies, and to love our neighbors as ourselves. To me, this means we should love everyone, even people that hurt or kill other people. We don't have to love their actions, but we should love the person as a human being. That being said, I wish it hadn't had to come to the point where he was killed(which means to me that I wish he hadn't done such evil and horrible things), but it did serve justice for so many people, and I can't fault anyone for being happy that he's gone. As an American, I cannot say that it is a sad moment for our Country to have won this victory, either. I'm glad *he* can't hurt anyone else, but there are so many that follow him that it's pretty much a given that his brand of terror will continue.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:03 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Well this may make you all feel a little different about me but I am glad that old devil is where he belongs.
    Nana Ginger
    Calgalnum1

Answer by Calgalnum1 at 12:39 PM on May. 2, 2011

• No I don't celebrate his death. Matter of fact I think his death will just cause more deaths. There will be uprisings, more terrorists attacks, etc etc.. His death accomplishes nothing to stop the terrorist attacks. That said, yes I suppose it can be a comfort to those who have lost lives because of his actions/beliefs. I'm sure its a wonderful military moral boost as well as a moral hit for the terrorists. I hope that difference in moral can help stop the terrorists.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:41 PM on May. 2, 2011

• @ nana ginger
    lol I dont' feel different about you or anyone who is happy he is dead. I was just wondering if anyone else saw it they way I do. I have friends who have served and I know they are going to have one hell of a celebration tonight, no doubts about it.
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 12:43 PM on May. 2, 2011