When did you tell everyone that you are pregnant?

I am 6 weeks and 2 days. I am thinking about waiting till mother's day to tell my extended family. Right now, my brothers, mom and grandma know (and dh of course) but the rest of my extended family it still in the dark.

JLS2388

Asked by JLS2388 at 12:48 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I waited until my third month to tell anyone.. I wanted my good news to be fore sure and not risk telling everyone only to have to then announce a miscarriage (which i am at high risk for).
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:50 PM on May. 2, 2011

• i had a misscarriage last year so i am waiting untill after my first trimester ... just a select few people know
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 12:52 PM on May. 2, 2011

• When I found out, and after I told my husband. Well except with my daughter. I was out of state when I found out I was preggers with her, so my BFF and my sis knew before my hub did lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:02 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I would wait until three months. I did that with my children because you never know if you can have a miscarriage. But since Mother's Day is so close I can see how you'd be excited to reveal it. Or you can just have a party for your inner circle.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:01 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I waited until I was 12 weeks.
    eatyourveges

Answer by eatyourveges at 3:18 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Well since I've had a miscarriage previously, I waited until I was 13 weeks so I could be almost positive it'd be a good pregnancy.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 3:19 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I tried to wait but I was so sick everyone guessed better quick.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 3:30 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My s/o wanted to wait until after the 1st trimester in case of the m word cause it happened last time and i told my sister when i knew i was because stuff that made me gag never made me before and she didn't believe me saying it was to soon to know but i was actually farther along turned out. And my brother after the 1st trimester. O family knew b4 my brother and after my sister.
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 3:36 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I told everyone right away, with all three pregnancies. I never believed in waiting until 3 months to tell people, because the way I looked at it is.... if something happened, I would need the support... I couldnt deal with it on my own.
    MommaRoxanne

Answer by MommaRoxanne at 3:43 PM on May. 2, 2011

• The first time I couldn't wait. I told at 8 weeks. The second time I told at 12 weeks, then I had a miscarriage. After that I waited until 5 months. Of course I told my parents and sisters, but that is it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:45 PM on May. 2, 2011