My husband has been secretly checking my phone....PLEASE I need advice

My husband has been checking my phone for the past couple weeks and it's starting to bother me and I don't know how to bring it up. On my phone, when you turn it on the clock takes a couple seconds to refresh to the updated time. So for a quick glance I can see what time it was last looked at. He checked one morning when I was still sleeping before he went to work. I had had dinner with a girlfriend that evening before. He checked yest twice. Once when I was in the shower and another time when I was putting our son to bed. And I pretty sure he checks my FB. We just had our 2nd wedding anniversary and are really happy. I just don't get it. I don't even ever go anywhere for him to be suspicious. I've got myself all worried because I've heard that maybe he could be cheating because he feels guilty and is checking my stuff for something like that. I've never even thought about cheating or anything close. How do I bring it up and why do you think he is doing it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• sounds like he is worried.. sit down and ask him what is going on. be honest and let him know it upsets you.

personally, I don't care if my dh checks my phone, facebook or anything because I have nothing to hide.
    Anonymous

• if it were me I would just ask him straight up. Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:51 PM on May. 2, 2011

• You heard he could be cheating? Who from? You can put a securtiy number on your phone that will lock it unless they know the code. idk it seems odd, and I would just ask him,, what is the deal why are you checking my phone when I am not around, if there is something we need to talk about lets talk about it.. my hubby never checks my phone nor do I check his,, so this is STRANGE stuff, good luck momma!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:52 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Dont' over analyze it. Just ask him! If you have nothing to hide, then no worries for you.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:52 PM on May. 2, 2011

• i guess i would say everytime you know your clock get reset (i think i know what your talking about, my phone did that too) to say "oh! my phone was opened!" maybe pretend to blame it on the kids once and then before he goes to work, if you can, catch him doing it and say "oh it was you the whole time?" you kind of have to catch him.

He may just be getting more and more suspicious because you seem to go places without him and he can't keep an eye on you and especially when he's at work.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:54 PM on May. 2, 2011

• just ask him..tell him you are glad hes so paranoid that he has to check behind you and tell him that its also very childish on his part that he does not respect you and trust you enough to just ask you flat out..but if i were in your shoes i would leave it laying around and let him check it and fb whatever he wanted ..but if you want to mess with him delete your incoming and outgoing calls and all your texts..then he will have no choice but to ask you bc the suspence will kill him
    Anonymous

• The only thing you can do is calmly ask him what's going on. No beating around the bush way to do it, but ask.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 1:01 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Just sit down and talk to him about it. Tell him he doesn't need to go behind your back to look at it because you have nothing to hide. He can check it right if front of you for all you care, right? Ask him why he feels like he needs to check it and do ask him about what you heard. Hopefully he will be open and honest about everything. Good luck to you!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:03 PM on May. 2, 2011

• catch him off guard.... one night before bed... ask to look at his phone and give him yours to check aswell. See what he's up to then say see, how does that feel not to be trusted.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 1:12 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I would ask, but you could be sneaky and lock it so when HE asks YOU about it, you could say, i didn't know how to bring it up, but I noticed you had been going through my phone. and continue on from there.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 1:15 PM on May. 2, 2011