In your home, is it a woman's job to be sure the house is kept clean?

Does your SO help out or does it all fall on your plate?

dubes

Asked by dubes at 12:52 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Home & Garden

• He helps when I ask but he works full time and I am staying home with the kiddos until they start school.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:53 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Nope DH and I take turns. Or I'll ask him to put a load of laundry in or something like that. Dishes and cooking we trade every other day he'll cook and I do dishes. Next day I cook he does dishes. We try to keep everything 50/50.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:53 PM on May. 2, 2011

• For the Most part its Me .. But Hubby Helps Alot & Recently Hes Done Most of it B/c I have been sick (Preggers sick )
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 12:53 PM on May. 2, 2011

• It's everyone's job! I admit I do more because i'm home but DH gladly helps with dishes or laundry, without asking.....our son cleans up after himself and will help clear the table or fill and empty the dishwasher
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:54 PM on May. 2, 2011

• my DH helps out and sometimes he does more than I do. We actually all clean the house!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:55 PM on May. 2, 2011

• 99% of the time,yes
    he does help when he's off work
    mostly he helps by not MAKING messes to begin with. He puts things away,puts his clothes in the hamper,keeps things in their places

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:56 PM on May. 2, 2011

• It is mostly my "job" since my dh works 12 hours a day 5 sometimes 6 days a week. It isnt really something we teach the kids or anything. We dont say oh a womans place is in the home, they should cook, clean or blah blah. We show them it needs to be as equal as possible. Since my husband works so much they know really it is fair for me to do it now. When he didnt work due to unemployment we split responsibilities.

Answer by gemgem at 12:56 PM on May. 2, 2011

• he offers to do dishes and laundry. i feel bad when he does though. i feel like i should be keeping it done now that i am home
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 12:57 PM on May. 2, 2011

• It's basically 50/50 (we both work fulltime outside the home), some chores I get "anal" about and can't stand how my DH or DS does them, so I would much rather do it myself. Others I just won't do, so DH gets to do them.. LOL
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:57 PM on May. 2, 2011

• In our house, everyone chips in. My mom and I work full time, SO goes to school and my uncle stays home. So my uncle will clean the kitchen and the bathroom. SO and I clean the living room because that is where the kids play. We also take turns doing the laundry.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 12:59 PM on May. 2, 2011