I have let myself regain 30 pounds. I feel terrible. Words of encouragement please.

I just feel like crap! I had lost 100 pounds. Kept it off for over a year and just recently gained back at least 30. I feel gross.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Words of encouragement? You CAN take it off. Go get yourself some awesome exercise clothing and new tennies... and get going!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:00 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Today is a new day.....

I have to remember that, I have been quiting smoking for a week now. OMG< IT is so hard but every day I have to say today it a new day try not too smoke today.... :)

Good luck!!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:00 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Girl, you lost 100 lbs...That AMAZING!! If you've done it before, then you know you can do it again!! Take baby steps....make a goal to exercise at least 3 times a week and try to work towards 5. Stock your house with healthy foods do you won't be tempted and set a goal for the loss. Take a picture of yourself now, and one every week until you get that 30 lbs back off!! You can do it!!

woohoo

praying4baby985

Answer by praying4baby985 at 1:03 PM on May. 2, 2011

• You lost 100 lbs, GO YOU!!! 30 lbs will be a piece of cake. Hold your head up, and stop feeling so bad about yourself. YOU CAN DO IT!!! Good luck!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 1:03 PM on May. 2, 2011

• congrats on loosing the weight in the first place. thats a massive achievement !

Now is a good time to try and shift the weight you have regained with long, light evenings and lots of heathy fresh foods in season. You have done it before ....sure you can do it again and then some !

go for it !

x
    Rachel0210

Answer by Rachel0210 at 1:04 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Exactly, today is a new day and the first step is knowing you don't like this path and you don't want to be on it. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! I'm doing Insanity and I LOVE it and i'm having amazing success with it. You have to believe in yourself, no matter what you choose to do for a workout, and you need to eat healthy and within your daily calorie needs for weight loss and you will be successful!

Some excellent books on what are similar and what I think the healthiest way to eat are: Eating Clean by Tosca Reno, Master your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels, This is why your fat by Jackie Warner, Cinch! by Cynthia Sass. I read each one of these by taking them out of the library....I bought the Eating Clean and the Eating Clean cookbook because I follow an eating clean lifestyle!

But know that you are worth it. Getting healthy and being healthy means you'll be around for your kids and family and enjoy your life even more!!!!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:04 PM on May. 2, 2011

• group hugI understand EXACTLY how you feel.........I lost 77 pounds, within 18 mos gained it it back then some.........lost another 60, and I am stuck! We need a buddy system on CM for weightloss................ Keep the faith and I will be thinking of you.........

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:11 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I gained back ALL the weight I lost too so I understand the frustration.. !! good luck.. start each new day FRESH and if you have an oops.. make it a one meal oops not an all day oops.. hang in there, I know its tough
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:30 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Just when I lose faith in the goodness of CM's, you ladies really pull through. Thank you all.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:59 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Oh, girl, I've been there. I lost 45 lbs, then gained 65, then another 30!! I've lost 61 of that so far. Get back on that horse, mama!! You're worth it! Think about whether that extra helping or that treat or slacking off on a workout is worth it. It's SO hard to keep motivated, but you can do it! You had to have hit plateaus when you lost the 100, how did you break through?
    I totally agree with Mom2Jack04 on the books- I've lost my 61 by eating clean and running (as well as other exercise, but that's the primary one). Don't lose sight of your goals and where you were. Remember why you did this in the first place. Write it down and put it somewhere you'll always see it. Write out every single reason.
    Best of luck to you!!! You can and WILL do it! You always have your fellow CafeMom'ers to keep you on track!! There's also a Healthy Weight Loss group on here that's quite active- I'd recommend joining if you haven't.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:14 AM on May. 3, 2011