What is the average amount of time taken to concieve (how long is a piece of string I know !)

Rachel0210

Asked by Rachel0210 at 1:01 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Here is some helpful info... Best wishes for happy Babymaking ;-)

For a woman aged 20 to 25, the chances of conceiving are around 25 percent for each cycle (in other words, a one in four chance).

For a woman aged 30 to 35, the chances of conceiving are around 15 percent per cycle; thereafter, the likelihood of conception continues to decline with increasing age.

A couple in their early 20’s will take an average of five monthly cycles to conceive.

Women in their early 30’s will get pregnant, on average, after nine monthly cycles.

One in ten couples will take more than a year to conceive.

praying4baby985

Answer by praying4baby985 at 1:05 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Great stats above. For me it was one cycle each of our four times. I don't think that is average but it is a number to get started.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:17 PM on May. 2, 2011

• About 99% of couples will conceive within the first year of trying. 25% will conceive on the first cycle.
    I conceived on the first cycle.
    M.Galvan

Answer by M.Galvan at 4:48 AM on May. 3, 2011

• About 4 months, for a healthy, fertile couple. I like the stats above.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:15 AM on May. 3, 2011