My dd wants me to invite all 24 kids from school to her b day party!

which would be fine if i didnt have 35 people from my family coming on top of that what do i do? i feel bad inviting some kids and not the others? I just think about how much food and games and goody bags!? oh my lol

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 1:02 PM on May. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• me personally i would because i wouldnt want any of the kids to feel bad if they werent invited i wouldnt want to open up any windows for bullying. i would just do something like hamburgers and hotdags you can buy them in bulk and all kids eat them. and i would shop around for cakes i know up here there are some places where it is cheaper to buy the bigger cakes and have leftovers lol. but at 6 feelings get hurt very easily and chances are not all are going to show up since not all parents can make it. you mihg have 6 show up or 16 it would jst make your daughter the best 6 year od i have seen alot of the idi ave seen dont want to invuite certain kids because they are weird or they dont like them and your little girls is trying to include everyone so no ones feelings get hurt i would encourage that. you dont see very many kids like that today.
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 1:22 PM on May. 2, 2011

• include and RSVP and no location.. leave a note for the parents of the students to call and THEN give them the address.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:05 PM on May. 2, 2011

• In most schools these days, you either invite everyone or not at all. Although I suppose you cna contact the personally, if you're going to send invitations at school, it's everyone or noone.

We invited the whole preschool for the kids' early birthdays, and I'd invite their whole K class if they had a lot of friends and wanted to. Personally, I'd just accept we'd have chaos and do cheap activities, like water balloon races, temp tattoos and make-your-own-sundae. You don't need to make it expensive. Another thing, you can get crafts very cheaply that would make better goody bags than what you'd buy with candy and bags and toys. I'm not super-creative, but lots of moms here are and would help!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 1:13 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I went to a bday party Everyone in the class was invited and only 3 showed up so You never know how many will actually come
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 1:05 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Wow, let her draw names from a hat????? Do a big picnic in the park???? Hot dogs and chips and koolaid is the cheapest route? Good luck mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:07 PM on May. 2, 2011

• How old are these kids???????
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:03 PM on May. 2, 2011

• 6 lol
    whitenena

Comment by whitenena (original poster) at 1:04 PM on May. 2, 2011

• awwww, if it is early invite a few if some can't come then invite a few more. At least then she can invite more then she wanted too at first. My kids are limited too.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:05 PM on May. 2, 2011

• This is exactly why we invite no school friends. Our district has a policy If you send invites to school there has to be one for every person in the class. You can't even just invite the girls or the boys. So we invite none. When they are older and exchange phone numbers that will change. Until then, no way.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:05 PM on May. 2, 2011

• How about have a seperate party for each? Thats the way my parents did it for me while I was growing up!!
    Heather759501

Answer by Heather759501 at 1:07 PM on May. 2, 2011