Do you ever get over emotional that your child is growing up?? Pic Included

This has been happening lately.. my son is 3-1/2 and granted my monthly friend should be here any moment is NOT helping but I started crying yesterday looking at my "BABY" and how big he has gotten right before my eyes... wahhh.....( don't mind the pj -non bra pic of me ugh... ) I am sure it has to do with the fact he'll be our only too but some days its too much for me and I just cry lol!!!

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 1:17 PM on May. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Cute picture!

It happens to me too. I expect it for the big milestones, but some of the little unexpected ones really hit me hard when I'm not prepared for it. One that surprises me every time is when I realize something is outgrown; whether it's too small or just too babyish it always gets to me. In the first few months with the twins I cried every time I did laundry and realized they'd never be that small again.  Another thing that hits me hard is when they say things that seem mature/wise beyond their years. 

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:52 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I have to do a double take sometimes and wonder where my little girl went. Recently it was this picture. I swear it was only a few months ago that she was a toddler! lol. DH calls this picture his "little punk". She's modeling daddies hat. ;)

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:56 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Oh all the time. I wish they could stay the same size for forever. It kind of breaks my heart watching them grow up. Ridiculous I know, I should be excited about getting to know them more and them reaching milestones but it seems so bittersweet.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:19 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I look at my 18 year old and think to myself "where did the time go"...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:20 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Sure, sometimes the heart has to break a little to make more room. Our children will get older and more memories will be made and we need that extra space to store all the good times.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:21 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I only have one child, my son, and to be honest....I left his biological father when he was 6/7 because it was a bad, bad situation. I got together with my current (and last lol) DH soon after, pretty much he and DS manage to coexist for me. So, I have been THE ONE, stablely (is that a word?) in his life, he is 18 now. So, yea, there have been (and I'm sure more to come) of those emotional moments..........
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:25 PM on May. 2, 2011

• yes i have a hard time believing my son is 3 years old and my baby is 7months old. It seems like just yesterday i was prego with them both and brought them home. Then i laid them down for the night, woke up and here i am now, they grew older on me
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 1:25 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Wait til he makes you a grandma.

Answer by gemgem at 1:27 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My (one and only) child just turned 5 on April 8. I can't believe he's 5! I told him, "That's it, no more birthdays!"
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:30 PM on May. 2, 2011

• i do not get overly emotional but i do tear up once in a while when i look at my own baby who is 4 - he is just getting too big too fast!
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 1:31 PM on May. 2, 2011