First time pregnancy; husband wants abortion

I am 19 & he is 21. We just recently found out we're expecting. He has always wanted kids, and due to my past medical female problems I was told I wouldn't be able to have kids. So although I didn't plan on trying for a baby this soon in my life, I am terrified at the thought of aborting this baby. I'm Lready growing attached and I want it so much. I have been crying since he told me he doesn't think we should have this baby right now. I can't stop crying & thinking how much I'm going to regret it :( I don't know what to do

Lovesjoshthomas

Asked by Lovesjoshthomas at 1:18 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Don't let anyone's wants push you into something that you don't want to do. If it were my husband I would tell him to suck it up and be happy or I will have this baby and do it myself.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:20 PM on May. 2, 2011

• count it as a blessing .. You both did the Deed Now have the child You was blessed with
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 1:20 PM on May. 2, 2011

• It is your body, not his, and you are obviously not wanting to have an abortion so don't. Abortion is completely wrong in my eyes and I think from your reaction that's the way you see it too. Don't do anything you'll regret, talk to him about not wanting one and let him no that you don't feel it's the right thing.
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 1:21 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I would ask myself one question what can you live with? In the cold light of day not him but you is going to have to live with whatever choice you make. Do sit down and think about all of your options and maybe after you can make a choice but only you can know what you can live with and what you want. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:22 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Don't do anything you are not 100% for.. He will get over the fear and hopefully love this baby once it is here.. If not, cross that bridge when you get there.. No one knows what the future holds..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:23 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I don't think you should do anything you don't want to b/c you'll regret it for the rest of your life. If you don't want to abort then don't. Its your body and your child. Do what's right for you. Tell your husband that and if he doesn't understand maybe you'll have to take a closer look at the relationship. Most pregnancy aren't planned and most don't come at the ideal time but they are completely worth it. I wish you luck and will be praying for you and your baby.
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 1:24 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I know because I had to make this choice as well its up to you step back and make up your own mind.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:24 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Well you said that he does want children so maybe he is just scared like one of the other moms mentioned. Take him to your next Dr.s appointment and talk to your Dr. with him to smooth over any of his fears!
    Heather759501

Answer by Heather759501 at 1:24 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Youdo what you want to. He has no say. It is your body.

Answer by gemgem at 1:26 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Honey, you need to do what YOU feel is best. It's YOUR body. I'd say the exact same thing if you were the one wanting to abort, and he was pushing you to keep the baby. If you want to have this baby, then do so.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:32 PM on May. 2, 2011