I am tired of hearing that the 2nd baby always ruins your body! Any truth?

This is my second, my daughter will be 6 in Dec. and this baby will be due in Sept. After having my daughter I was back in my pants the same week and went on to lose an additional 10-15 lbs. without even trying. I looked better after having her. I breastfed for 17 mo. This pregnancy hasn't went as well I am 21 weeks and have gained 15 lbs. whereas i had only gained maybe 10 with my daughter and I am getting vericose veins this time. I had a guy friend tell me todat the second kid always ruins your bosy and especially at your age. I am 34. I am starting to get depressed about this. I still workout at least 3 times a week. Please tell me there is hope!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on May. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Everybody is different, but for me it was true. I got my body back better than before with my first, but my second did so much damage! It was a harder pregnancy though.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:27 PM on May. 2, 2011

• i was okay after the second, it was actually a combination of the third fourth and fifth that did me in.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 1:27 PM on May. 2, 2011

• it was true for my aunt... hopefully not for everyone im currently pregnant with num. 2
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 1:29 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Im with annanonnymommy on this one lol
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 1:30 PM on May. 2, 2011

• If you don't want to hear it, why ask LOL.. J/K it was true for me.. Number 2 was harder to get back in shape, I gained weight everywhere with her even tho I only gained 25 pounds.. It went to my face, underarm area etc.. But there is hope, number 3 helped to take it all back off :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:31 PM on May. 2, 2011

• ANY pregnancy is hard on the body! Why does this man think it's only the 2nd? Ah yes! Because he is a MAN! LOL
    Don't feel bad. I know a 36 yr old that was back in her pants less than a month after having her boy. If you are working out now you will have an even better chance at losing it. Good luck and enjoy having a belly! You are allowed to!
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 1:32 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I've got 2 and my body's bounced back fine. My friends tell me it's the 3rd/4th that does it! I guess I'll see in the future :(!
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 1:32 PM on May. 2, 2011

• It was all downhill after the 1st one over here haha
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 1:32 PM on May. 2, 2011

• The first did the damage. My body was better after the second.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 1:34 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Everyone is different.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 1:35 PM on May. 2, 2011