Were you a SAHM who couldn't wait to get a job, and have one now? Is it as good as you thought it would be?

I know a lot of SAHMs who are so bored and want to go back to work (ME!) but then I think, that would kind of suck, having to miss things, and not being able to do whatever you want whenever you want, calling in sick when kids are ill, and how do you find time to clean? Talk to me ladies. Should I just thank God I can be home, or get a part time job?

PS I heard it is really hard on a marriage to work nights when dh works days.

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 1:34 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• Well if you never see each other then that doesn't work. You could always have a home daycare if you need money. But if you just wanna get out maybe you could work a few times a week. I've been a sahm mom and worked. I love spending time with my children but I feel like I am a better mom when I put more effort and time in to spend with them. A job away from the house is a nice break but you need to keep ur kids healthier so you can be a good worker.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 1:48 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I have a part time job. It doesn't require a lot of time or effort, but there are days when I wish I could just skip it. I deliver lunches for a caterer out of my kids' school. I get to be at the school or with the kids when I need to be, but earn some income. On the really cold days it does suck just a bit.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:55 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I wanted a job but that was because we were behind on our car payments and I wanted to contribute! It does suck, missing out on stuff that goes on at the kids schools. Their teachers probably think I am an absent parent because SO is the one who goes to all the parent teacher conferences!

nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 1:56 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Yes and HELL yeah! My sanity has been restored.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:09 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I was actually an accountant at a university and wanted to be stay at home mom, but knew I woudl go CRAZY if I was 24/7, so a friend of mine introduced me to a 31 year old health and wellness company that has blown me away!!! I am my own boss, makeown hours, never miss anything with myson orfamily, and makegreat income working part time. So many perks and love everything about it. I get to have adult conversations and breaks while making money! ha! Let meknow if this helps honey! thanks!
    arbnmom

Answer by arbnmom at 8:51 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I have been struggling with decision of whether or not to go back to work in the Fall and put my 3 yr old son in full time preschool. We needed the financial stability but I didn't want to feel like I was missing all the moments I'd been a part of since he was born. Recently, my friend introduced me to a new business concept that makes so much sense to me. It allows me to contribute to our finances and schedule my day around my son. Now, I have the best of both worlds. I'm extremely grateful to the great group of moms I have teamed up with and all of the support and training they provide. I'd love to share it with you to see if it's right for you. Goodluck!
    wellnessandme

Answer by wellnessandme at 9:45 AM on May. 3, 2011