Need ideas for 11 year old childs birthday party

My daughter is having her first SOLO bday party because her and my sd share bday month so we always had parties together for them. My sd is 18 this year so want to do my 11 year old by herself. She wants to invite friends this year. Just need fun ideas. Nothing too expensive.

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 1:37 PM on May. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• We just did a carnival birthday party for my DD. We had 5 different carnival games with fun prizes, and carnival themed snacks of hotdogs, popcorn, caramel apples, and cotton candy. We also made sure the kids who didn't feel like playing the games were having fun.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:40 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My son turned 11 this year and wanted to go to the roller rink in town with some friends. Other things he wanted was to go to the Entertainment Center in town. They have mini golf,bumper cars, laser tag and all that. It doesnt have to be that expensive if she only invites a few friends. Another idea alot of moms in town have done is rent 2 lanes at a bowling alley.

Answer by gemgem at 1:41 PM on May. 2, 2011

• thank you guys, love the bowling alley idea!
    JackieGirl007

Comment by JackieGirl007 (original poster) at 1:50 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Luckily you dont' need to do anything expensive, cake and ice cream are really all kids of any ages want lol. The bowling idea is great too
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:51 PM on May. 2, 2011

• gosh somebody took my bowling,, LOL! does she like to "play dress up"? I am a hairstylist and have been hired to do "make up" and updo's for a party before,, it was kind of fun, then the mom had a "tea" for them,, I personally was not a girly girl at 11, but these girls thought it was awesome!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:07 PM on May. 2, 2011