Anybody do the breastfeeding plan for weight watchers?

I plan on breastfeeding for at least one year and know I will probably need a little help with losing weight. Has anybody tried this program? If so, did you see results?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on May. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• yes i did it a few years ago and wish I could afford to do it again. I lost about 30 pounds on it but unfortunately gained it back with my last pregnancy and don't have the money to go again.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 1:55 PM on May. 2, 2011

• i have seen people use it and have it work. It is a very healthy plan.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:57 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I did the regular plan and still made plenty of milk! Lost the weight by the time she was 9 mths old and kept it off!!
    chickensmommy

Answer by chickensmommy at 2:05 PM on May. 2, 2011

• a friend of mine did and her body quit making milk even though she was nursing all the time. my sister in law just started it last week and i have no idea how it is going for her so far.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 2:59 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I have been doing WW for about 4 weeks now and I am still nursing my 14 month old (~4x a day). I have lost 9lbs. The first week I selected the nursing mom option that gives you an extra allowance of points per day, and I lost 3lbs that first week. I soon changed to the non-nursing option because I figured since I can eat all the fruits and veggies I want for zero points, I didnt really need the extra points allowance. I am very happy with WW, it is the only thing I can really stick to. Good luck!
    ashleyv824

Answer by ashleyv824 at 9:03 PM on May. 12, 2011